Living Hope Church - wolves, money and healing - again

Heffalump

30 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I've studied physics to quite some depth...plus 70 years of progress has occured since he died...you numpty. An 'A'level physics student could put him right on a few things since.

I think I'll stick with Einstein all the same. 70 years of progress that would have had no foundation without his work, so it's a meaningless postulation. It took true genius to even conceive of the laws of nature that he theorised. Nobody since comes close.

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-01/are-scientific-geniuses-extinct

3 hours ago, twinkle said:

the only problem I have with this bunch of fruitcakes is the wangling their way into our schools,this should not be tolerated.

"I'm mean, nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters."

work it out!.

What he said

48 minutes ago, woolley said:

I think I'll stick with Einstein all the same. 70 years of progress that would have had no foundation without his work, so it's a meaningless postulation. It took true genius to even conceive of the laws of nature that he theorised. Nobody since comes close.

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-01/are-scientific-geniuses-extinct

Maybe so but they are still merely theories, unproven ones at that.

Remember what they put on the side of a bus a few years ago - there's probably no god so stop worrying and enjoy your life.

My view of it was that it should have said - Don't worry your conception of god is so unlikely to be useful that you might as well just enjoy your life. ... and then had a photo a bit like this:

image_3368_1e-Hubble-Frontier-Fields.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

PVR - one of my favourites: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1525369/Pastor-is-jailed-over-workers-on-slave-pay.html

A current Barclays Director is 2nd in command at LHC - legacy

Bloody hell, I'd forgotten about that.

Is it part of his preaching that god forgave him for being a complete twat towards his fellow countrymen.

He deserves all the bad press that can be thrown at him.

I would call him a cunt, but that is too mild these days.

The bloke has more balls than TSE

Edited by dilligaf

34 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Remember what they put on the side of a bus a few years ago - there's probably no god so stop worrying and enjoy your life.

My view of it was that it should have said - Don't worry your conception of god is so unlikely to be useful that you might as well just enjoy your life. ... 

You have to be careful when interpreting things they put on the sides of buses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 years later...
3 minutes ago, GordonParker965 said:

I think everyone decides whether to believe in God's power or not. I'm more interested in why people go to church...

I'm not really a religious person, but I guess it's a nice place to catch up with people on the same wavelength, network and have a chat. Like any sort of community, humans are tribal in nature and religions of all types fit that model to be drawn towards. Can't knock it really, apart from the imaginary bit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CraigClark said:

It's a very good question. Here are a few ideas that I think are most relevant. Many people attend church as a way to connect with their faith and to deepen their spiritual practice. Church can provide a sense of community and belonging, allowing people to connect with others who share their beliefs and values.

Sounds like a straight out of ChatGPT answer.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CraigClark said:

.... Many people attend church as a way to connect with their faith and to deepen their spiritual practice. Church can provide a sense of community and belonging, allowing people to connect with others who share their beliefs and values.

I used to do D&D sessions...equally as fanciful, but more wizards!

Roll D6 for surprise!

8 hours ago, CraigClark said:

It's a very good question. Here are a few ideas that I think are most relevant. Many people attend church as a way to connect with their faith and to deepen their spiritual practice. Church can provide a sense of community and belonging, allowing people to connect with others who share their beliefs and values.

As most religitards say "you're taking it out of context"