Water wheel at Groudle Glen

hissingsid

Well, for me that highlights just how screwed up IOMG policies are.

We can afford to give up to £75k to a charity but not support an existing service that has the potential to put up to16 people on the dole, i.e. the Red Cross non-competitive tender.

Joined up government? My arse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2018 at 10:55 PM, CharlieBrown said:

Beach buddies has largely been a Facebook campaign and was founded in 2007 and Facebook 2004, by 2007 Facebook was the becoming the dominant social media platform. Consider yourself schooled.

Thanks.  I'm always happy to learn. But my point still stands.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:19 AM, John Wright said:

And it did so because, however much it looked like a collective, there was someone at the Centre organising and giving direction.

It can be a problem with small charities and social or community organisations, lots of people interested in the beginning but then descending into chaos as sectional interests compete.

Its a really difficult balancing act, offering the vision, recruiting, keeping together and then ensuring that there is a focus, direction of travel, aims and organisation. 

Youve got to have someone in charge and manipulating ( often surreptitiously ) to acheive long term success and survival.

And Bill was able to do that but I'm still sure that it was an easier climate then to instigate.  If he were to begin today with a post of Facebook stating his aims for the very first time, he'd be crucified by bedtime.  That was the point of my argument that today it's so hard to get anything off the ground. There's a group of volunteers who now want to fix the wheel.  Brave buggers.  They've got an uphill battle all the way.  I'd be starting with the commissioners before they offload it to government.

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Well, for me that highlights just how screwed up IOMG policies are.

We can afford to give up to £75k to a charity but not support an existing service that has the potential to put up to16 people on the dole, i.e. the Red Cross non-competitive tender.

Joined up government? My arse.

and what will the doi staff be doing now this has been passed on.....

19 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Harmless Harmer, if you're reading this would you care to answer that?

Turned them into middle management I am guessing to look after contractors doing the jobs they use too, with two or three overall new C.S managers too look after them all . Which should in their logic bring costs down.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Harmless Harmer, if you're reading this would you care to answer that?

I walked a large section of the coastal footpath last week, it would appear very little is being done currently, and what is been done is too late, two blokes with strimmers round by glen maye battling grass at shoulder height.