Brexit Challenge By 97 Year Old WW2 Veteran

La Colombe

4 hours ago, pongo said:

All British citizens, everyone entitled to a British passport, should have been allowed to vote what colour it is.

No they shouldn’t 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

I’d have to up my game to be as stupid as you

Hmm, maybe. So convince me that someone who has integrated into the European Community, a community that has been nurtured in good faith since the conflict that the same someone played a part in bringing about with imo admirable results should be denied a say in whether the country that qualified his/her inclusion should forthwith be a part of that community. I doubt you'll be able to, I think the likes of this gentleman has earned his right to a voice. Why don't you? 

9 hours ago, Neil Down said:

No they shouldn’t 

Yes they should. Particularly as this decision might have had the effect of forcing them to return to the UK from Europe. Many of these people are British citizens living in Europe under rules defined as a result of being in the EU in the first place.

3 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yes they should. Particularly as this decision might have had the effect of forcing them to return to the UK from Europe. Many of these people are British citizens living in Europe under rules defined as a result of being in the EU in the first place.

"There is a 15-year time limit on British expatriates being able to register as overseas voters." Would you know if he complied with that? if not then he does not have a case

10 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Hmm, maybe. So convince me that someone who has integrated into the European Community, a community that has been nurtured in good faith since the conflict that the same someone played a part in bringing about with imo admirable results should be denied a say in whether the country that qualified his/her inclusion should forthwith be a part of that community. I doubt you'll be able to, I think the likes of this gentleman has earned his right to a voice. Why don't you? 

No he hasn't. See my reply to Albert above

8 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

"There is a 15-year time limit on British expatriates being able to register as overseas voters." Would you know if he complied with that? if not then he does not have a case

Day to day politics is one thing. There should be no time limit on decisions such as Brexit if you live and work in Europe and hold a British passport...no matter for how long you've lived there IMO.

4 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

the eu wasn't about in 1982 when he left the uk.......

9 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Jesus do you  two have to fag up all my threads with your shit? Ffs. 

We have Woody2 for that thanks.

If only there was a "green crayon" font to complete Woody2's persona.....

Archived