Thai Boys Trapped In Flooded Cave...

La Colombe

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You would hope that nobody will hold the coach responsible for the flash floods that caused this.

I thought that. Next thing we hear will be that he’s been charged with ‘reckless endangerment’ and will be looking at a long sentence. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wrighty said:

I thought that. Next thing we hear will be that he’s been charged with ‘reckless endangerment’ and will be looking at a long sentence. 

That is the danger. Blow the fact that he was with them the whole time. Trouble is, we live in a "somebody must be blamed" society

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

That is the danger. Blow the fact that he was with them the whole time. Trouble is, we live in a "somebody must be blamed" society

And possibly even the manslaughter of the poor guy that ran out of air prepping the rescue. 

It seems to me it's unlikely he'll be charged because a) he's already endured 2 weeks of the same whilst handing out all his own food b) the locals (and parents) don't blame him and think he looked after the boys well c) Thailand has led the world in a major human story that has brought together many nations d) he's not more than a boy himself who has gone through more shit losing his parents at a young age than most of us go through in a lifetime and e) it would badly backfire on the Thai govt.

7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Plus...the coach went in after them...not leading them...as the boys were looking for budhist artefacts.

Only a silly Buddha would have entered those caves though Shirley ?

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

It's a remarkable tale of derring derring do though. Those finding and rescuing deserve some serious medals and respect. Especially the likes of the diving doc that stayed a week.

Agree. I would not have gone in there with a gun at my head unless it was one of my own kids in there.

Archived