BBC bias: Brexit

Chinahand

To be frank I am amazed at the contempt of the judicial system the BBC is showing in this story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44704561

The official Brexit campaign is expected to be found guilty of four charges of breaking electoral law, the BBC has been told.

Expected to be found guilty - who expects this. Talk about being prejudicial to any legal action. 

The presumptuousness being displayed is breath taking. 

It beggars belief and I hope they’ll be held to account for such arrogance and contempt to an ongoing judicial case. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Expected to face prosecution/charges”. Fine. 

“Expected to be found guilty”. No way should the BBC ever make such a claim about any organisation or person. 

If you don’t see that ... well my goodness. 

Sad day for justice is all I can say. 

10 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

“Expected to be found guilty”. No way should the BBC ever make such a claim about any organisation or person. 

Justice is being served fine.

11 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Yet you had no problem with the reporting of the skripal case?

I think I was always careful to caveat my statements about the poisoning.

See here for example. 

If they charge someone there is no way any news organisation should say they are expected to be found guilty. 

Saying it is reasonable to suppose Putin sanctioned it is, in my view, rather different. 

If you disagree... shrugs. 

32 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

It's a sad day for keeping things in proportion is all I can say....

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

Declan, if you cannot see how the BBC stating that A is “expected to be found guilty” is highly prejudicial you are blind. 

I made no comment on that. 

In who's favour do you think the bias is? It was passed to the BBC by Vote Leave along with their rebuttal. 

I'm not sure what the problem is, both camps were full of bullshit, lies and dirty tricks, they will ultimately both be guilty of breaking rules. The impression I have of the whole nonsense is that the leave campaign were a bit more obvious about it.

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm not sure what the problem is, both camps were full of bullshit, lies and dirty tricks, they will ultimately both be guilty of breaking rules. The impression I have of the whole nonsense is that the leave campaign were a bit more obvious about it.

Well Cameron was a master liar, so remain's dirty tricks will be well hidden. 

In fact, I think his arrogance is one of the reasons Remain lost. He'd lied so well in elections previous (the Global Economic Crisis was Labour's fault in 2010, the economy of Scotland would be collapse if they voted to leave, Labour couldn't be trusted in 2015),  that even after getting no concessions out of the EU in the run up the referendum all he needed to do was (he thought) was emphasis the scary stuff of Brexit. 

17 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Or got caught...

Archived