BBC bias: Brexit

Chinahand

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Which section?

ETA: Highlights his own error...lol

Just have someone read the bloody thing to you and/or (probably) explain it to you.

2 hours ago, Rog said:

By far not indigenous British and mostly not even of British descent.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Facts please.

I know you read the Guardian, PK, but if you have to ask for facts on that or are questioning its veracity, you are willfully blind to the reality happening all around you.

3 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

I do.  But then the way you use the word and what it actual means are two different things.

What does "liberal" mean to you?

4 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

I do.  But then the way you use the word and what it actual means are two different things.

I agree with that. But I am using it as a descriptor for all of the interests that have hijacked it for malign purposes. I see you ignored the substance of my post directly addressing your dismissive and erroneous retort to Rog's point. Par for the course for you.

Just now, woolley said:

I know you read the Guardian, PK, but if you have to ask for facts on that or are questioning its veracity, you are willfully blind to the reality happening all around you.

Don't be silly.

I long ago learned not to bother with so-called anecdotal "evidence" because it's completely worthless.

Facts I beieve. Bullshit I don't.

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yeah, why ask for facts and evidence when you can rely on the Woolster and Rog the Racist for anecdotal stories...

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

I see you ignored the substance of my post directly addressing your dismissive and erroneous retort to Rog's point. Par for the course for you.

The "substance" of your post was as sneery as the rest of your posts, using an extremist as an example of the whole.

Par for the course for you as well.

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Don't be silly.

I long ago learned not to bother with so-called anecdotal "evidence" because it's completely worthless.

Facts I beieve. Bullshit I don't.

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Yeah, why ask for facts and evidence when you can rely on the Woolster and Rog the Racist for anecdotal stories...

So you don't have eyes to see for yourselves? You don't know people or have family who are directly affected by the criminal activities that go on in the ghetto parts of our cities? You haven't heard of people being caught up in the middle of a suburban pitched battle between youths of different races? You don't know people touched by drugs and knife crime? You know nobody who has been mugged? You know nobody who has been pick-pocketed. You know nobody who has been the subject of a staged accident for insurance fraud. You don't see standards of respect and behaviour plummeting? Up until the last twenty years or so, I didn't either. Now I know people who have been at the sharp end of all of these and often not just the once. There was absolutely going to be a backlash. You call it populism.

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

So you don't have eyes to see for yourselves?

Yes thanks.  But then I do have the same hate filled lenses you seem to insist on wearing.

You don't know people or have family who are directly affected by the criminal activities that go on in the ghetto parts of our cities? You haven't heard of people being caught up in the middle of a suburban pitched battle between youths of different races? You don't know people touched by drugs and knife crime? You know nobody who has been mugged? You know nobody who has been pick-pocketed. You know nobody who has been the subject of a staged accident for insurance fraud. You don't see standards of respect and behaviour plummeting? Up until the last twenty years or so, I didn't either. Now I know people who have been at the sharp end of all of these and often not just the once. There was absolutely going to be a backlash. You call it populism.

Well...as someone who actually lives in the UK and has lived in the North and South...no, none of the people I know have been affected by those crimes (although my grandparents did get stiffed on a furniture purchase by a shifty company (ran by a white guy) and my parents had their shed broken into about 30 years ago (turned out was some local kids...white as it happens).

I'm sure I could make up some anecdotal "friends and family" like you probably have.

19 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

The "substance" of your post was as sneery as the rest of your posts, using an extremist as an example of the whole.

Par for the course for you as well.

Hmmmm. Sneery maybe, but correct. Definitely par for the course for me. I do my best but it is difficult not to sneer at the bilge you come out with.

8 minutes ago, woolley said:

Hmmmm. Sneery maybe, but correct. Definitely par for the course for me. I do my best but it is difficult not to sneer at the bilge you come out with.

Using the actions of the few as evidence against the masses...

Definitely par the course for you.

Archived