Memorial Ride Out

La Colombe

10 hours ago, Gladys said:

The problem I had with her is that she was vaunted as a role model, sadly. 

Luckily for the yoof she wasn't around for that long, having said that the role models like Kardashians, Love Island and other bullshit reality TV wankers aren't any better than she was.

31 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps I am more critical because her popularity was at its height when my daughter was at an impressionable age.  Fortunately she was unaffected. 

I think she turned it round when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I feel she approached her death with dignity.

Yes, she had been poorly educated and was brash and opinionated on BB and CBB, train crash waiting to happen, which gave her a macabre fascination.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I think she turned it round when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I feel she approached her death with dignity.

Yes, she had been poorly educated and was brash and opinionated on BB and CBB, train crash waiting to happen, which gave her a macabre fascination.

To be fair, John, she did turn it around after diagnosis.  It is a shame that it took that to change her. 

I seem to recall she was more than brash and opinionated, she was downright nasty. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

Luckily for the yoof she wasn't around for that long, having said that the role models like Kardashians, Love Island and other bullshit reality TV wankers aren't any better than she was.

Jade goody is an icon, the first televised sleazy sex and without her trail blazing no TOWIE and no vagazzle.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

To be fair, John, she did turn it around after diagnosis.  It is a shame that it took that to change her. 

I seem to recall she was more than brash and opinionated, she was downright nasty. 

I was trying to be respectful, you know, a la Shakespeare, Julius Caesar “The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones”

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Given your obsession with death notices you’re getting “two for one”, what’s your problem? Posts in topic wander, it’s not “Just a Minute” deviation is allowed. You know the drill, don’t like it, don’t start topics or post.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, woolley said:

The careers and fortunes that have been made out of this conspiracy nonsense.

I lose my mobile phone signal when I go under trees in the year 2018 and you reckon back in 1969 they were able to communicate over 238,000 miles away ffs you're as gullible a fool as there is.

Even NASA have admitted they can't get beyond low earth orbit which is no more than 1200 miles so how the fuck did they get to the moon which is over 238,000 miles back in 1969????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

I lose my mobile phone signal when I go under trees in the year 2018 and you reckon back in 1969 they were able to communicate over 238,000 miles away ffs you're as gullible a fool as there is.

Even NASA have admitted they can't get beyond low earth orbit which is no more than 1200 miles so how the fuck did they get to the moon which is over 238,000 miles back in 1969????

Luckily, the lizard people of Omicron Persei 8 had already installed telecommunications masts on the moon, so NASA were able to use these to boost their own signals.

Lrrr001.jpg

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

Well, at least it isn't Jade Goody...