Memorial Ride Out

La Colombe

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:

As it’s the last day of FOM/MGP they’re having a memorial ride tomorrow at the grandstand for all the memorial rides they’ve had this year.  All are invited to attend. 

I would but I think we’re still banned from cycling over the mountain. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Wtf? Bizarre. 

To suggest that fallen TT riders are in anyway analogous with the deaths in two world wars is completely disrespectful. Why do it on today of all days? We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel of morality in the IOM when it comes to justifying the TT. Any other day perhaps; but on a day of national importance where we remember the war dead who sacrificed their lives. Pretty appalling to be honest. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

To suggest that fallen TT riders are in anyway analogous with the deaths in two world wars is completely disrespectful. Why do it on today if all days? We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel of morality. Any other day but on a day of national importance where we remember the war dead? Pretty appalling to be honest. 

Perfectly summed up. Exactly what I was thinking. 

8 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Perfectly summed up. Exactly what I was thinking. 

Just sums up the clueless delusional state this Island and our government is in. Anything to justify deaths which are completely unjustifiable on any scale. But to do this on the day we remember poor bastards machine gunned down in the trenches and try to draw any comparisons to that is just disgusting. Kept people in the DED Motorsports jobs in a living though. 

I wonder what the person responsible for Motorsport at the DED thinks about this appalling act of insensitivity? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

To suggest that fallen TT riders are in anyway analogous with the deaths in two world wars is completely disrespectful. Why do it on today of all days? We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel of morality in the IOM when it comes to justifying the TT. Any other day perhaps; but on a day of national importance where we remember the war dead who sacrificed their lives. Pretty appalling to be honest. 

Agreed, but I wonder if MR have their journalistic wires crossed on this?

Motorcyclists have previously held their own remembrance "services" in memory of their brethren who fell during the wars as despatch riders and such.

Fallen road racers to be remembered

In sharp contrast to silence, there will be a minute of noise at noon on Laxey promenade.

It's to pay tribute to riders lost in road racing over the past year, including Dan Kneen, William Dunlop and James Cowton.

The death of former racer and Travelling Marshal Dick Cassidy was announced in the past week.

The Beach Cafe will be offering free hot drinks all day but a contribution to motorcycle charities will be very welcome.

Edited by La Colombe
  • Sad 1