World Cup Final

yootalkin2me

15 hours ago, 2bees said:

Brilliant! It is quite clear that there is a lot of positive Qatar posting on Facebook and Twitter- funny really.

It’s also amazing how many England and Germany supporters in particular that you see pictures on Twitter especially are Indian. If it was the cricket you might just believe that a load of British Indian’s might have gone to a far flung country to support England. But football? It really is hilarious how many Indian supporters seem to have flown to Qatar early to support their team! 😂

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s also amazing how many England and Germany supporters in particular that you see pictures on Twitter especially are Indian. If it was the cricket you might just believe that a load of British Indian’s might have gone to a far flung country to support England. But football? It really is hilarious how many Indian supporters seem to have flown to Qatar early to support their team! 😂

Seems very racist remarks!

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

There’s certainly a fair few.

surprising given the percentages in world football that they seemed to be the only  ethnicity available from every country to wheel out for the media

Edited by WTF
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

surprising given the percentages in world football that they seemed to be the only  ethnicity available from every country to wheel out for the media

I was reading somewhere that they were paying the migrant workers 35 cents an hour to work in the stadiums. So I wonder what the going rate of being a ‘fan’ is? 

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I am really struggling to raise the slightest interest in this World Cup, a shame how a crooked organisation can ruin things for so many people. 

It just shows you how far bribery will get you. They bought a whole tournament and now they’re trying to buy all of the messaging around it too. It just shows you that if you have enough money and you can bribe enough people you can get what you want. I wonder how hard David Beckham has worked for his rumoured £100M odd fee to front an event for a bunch of tea-total billionaire homophobes?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It just shows you how far bribery will get you. They bought a whole tournament and now they’re trying to buy all of the messaging around it too. It just shows you that if you have enough money and you can bribe enough people you can get what you want. I wonder how hard David Beckham has worked for his rumoured £100M odd fee to front an event for a bunch of tea-total billionaire homophobes?

I think it's a very fine line. I've mentioned elsewhere on this thread all countries in the world have practices that other cultures may not agree with, so let's say Beckham pulls out here but is asked to do stuff for the USA in 4 years time and he says yes no doubt there will be people who say oh Beckham is against allowing women abortions or he's not against mass shootings. Those are just 2 big issues in the usa off the top of my head that no doubt people will use against him. 

We all know about Qatar and their practices and 1 month of a media friendly offensive isn't going to change people's minds. 

• Like 1