World Cup Final

yootalkin2me

Any

25 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

The more that goes wrong the better. FIFA should never have allowed this but being the greedy corrupt barstewards they are...

Exactly! I'm so lucky my boys aren't into football, I wouldn't have anything to do with it. FIFA - all about the money, if I was a gay footballer I would be terrified of going there, forget that, bye now Qatar with your archaic laws and ideas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Master plan all along. Get the suckers to take time off work, book flights, match tickets and hotels then ban the booze (except for the elites in the boxes of course) at the eleventh hour when it is far too late to back out. 

All keep banging on about FIFA being corrupt but never have the balls (pun intended) to walk away because they need the money. Same as the Olympics.

Funny how COP 27 never mentions the air conditoned stadiums in the desert or the air miles that the 2026 world cup will create spread across Mexico, USA and Canada. Same as its odd the 'Just Stop Oil' brigade aren't going to be chaining themselves to the gates of the Chinese Embassy (worlds biggest polluters by far) or gluing themselves to the Shell or BP CEO's limo. 

• Like 2

Totally @CallMeCurious!! I was ranting on about the climate clowns today, never mind spineless acts like throwing ink at a painting or spraying paint on the window of a car showroom, get yourselves into the thick of things, off you pop to Russia or the Ukraine have a word with them about the complete destruction of valuable resources that’s happening right now.

Funny old world, I’m just really pleased that I live in a place where I can choose to say “Not in my name” to any of this. For all it’s foibles at least we’re not totally oppressed here on the Isle of Man 🇮🇲 

Fifa have now acquiesced to Qatar's short-notice demands for the stadium booze ban.

Budweiser's event sponsorship amounts to over $60M apparently, presumably part of that would have been for booze-selling rights at the stadiums which everybody had been assured previously would be ok? I bet they'll be ecstatic...

Incidentally, there was a Sky News article tonight on the treatment of Qatar's immigrant workforce, many of whom have died constructing World Cup infrastructure. Although the Qataris haven't kept count but think it's only 3....

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Fifa have now acquiesced to Qatar's short-notice demands for the stadium booze ban.

Budweiser's event sponsorship amounts to over $60M apparently, presumably part of that would have been for booze-selling rights at the stadiums which everybody had been assured previously would be ok? I bet they'll be ecstatic...

Incidentally, there was a Sky News article tonight on the treatment of Qatar's immigrant workforce, many of whom have died constructing World Cup infrastructure. Although the Qataris haven't kept count but think it's only 3....

I would suspect A_B will be suing FIFA for millions

Edited by alpha-acid
interet

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Well who knows. One report indicated 30,000 employees were involved in building the stadiums and 6,500 died. If that is true , and who knows if it’s true or not, them the whole lot should be called off and the real facts be made known. Well that will never happen and the bearded twat that is Lineker will have a good wedge in his hip pocket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I’m English and I have looked forward to England’s involvement in every tournament they have been involved in since the 1970 World Cup. 
However, I have no interest at all in this World Cup and will not be following it. I expect I will not be able to avoid it but my enthusiasm for it is nil. This is mostly due to the corruption of FIFA 12 years ago and the resultant issues that followed it. Fortunately, Mr Southgate will probably ensure that the England  team return relatively quickly and the business of ignoring the tournament will then be made easier. Football isn’t coming home; it’s been sold-off to the dodgy blokes with fat wallets. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Nevermind Beckham gets to keep his rumoured £150M fee for fronting some of this farce. The one thing I find odd is that normally you host an event like this to showcase what a great place your country is to encourage tourism and business links not to advertise what a load of power crazed autocratic twats you are. Why would you spend so much money to purchase, ultimately, such poor PR? There now doesn’t seem to be much point to them hosting this event anymore.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Nevermind Beckham gets to keep his rumoured £150M fee for fronting some of this farce. The one thing I find odd is that normally you host an event like this to showcase what a great place your country is to encourage tourism and business links not to advertise what a load of power crazed autocratic twats you are. Why would you spend so much money to purchase, ultimately, such poor PR? There now doesn’t seem to be much point to them hosting this event anymore.

Because they thought money would buy them good PR but they've found out their country is just a dusty shithole

• Like 1