Advantages/Disadvantages Of The EU

La Colombe

On 7/14/2018 at 1:18 PM, quilp said:

"We're on our way to Naseby we shall not be moved..!"

Ok. So we have established the English Civil War reference :)

But I am still puzzled about what you are saying here. What are you saying?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, pongo said:

Are you suggesting that the Brexiteers have something in common with the Cromwellian regime?

Of course we do!  Like the Cromwellian regime we want to get corruption out of our country!

1 hour ago, Rog said:

Of course we do!  Like the Cromwellian regime we want to get corruption out of our country!

With respect, the question was addressed to Quilp. Because I was genuinely interested in his curious post - but confused by the quotations marks and unsure of the meaning. Nobody posts in order to not be understood so it seemed ok to ask.

I doubt that your odd interpretation is correct. Cromwell was a brutal military dictator (according to historians including Winston Churchill). Following the Restoration, his head ended up on a spike.

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

With respect, the question was addressed to Quilp. Because I was genuinely interested in his curious post - but confused by the quotations marks and unsure of the meaning. Nobody posts in order to not be understood so it seemed ok to ask.

I doubt that your odd interpretation is correct. Cromwell was a brutal military dictator (according to historians including Winston Churchill). Following the Restoration, his head ended up on a spike.

But he pulled England out of a corrupt regime. As for Churchill, he was a fine one to criticize!   Churchill was a war criminal.

8 hours ago, woolley said:

It that's what you reckon then it's you who is non-thinking.

You haven't a clue have you. You obviously don't run a business here or sit at any senior level in any organisation here do you.

Rhetorical questions of course.

I don't need or have the inclination to prove anything to you, Albert, but you are wrong. The problems we have here are far more parochial than anything Brexit will throw at us. For what it's worth, I think that Brexit itself, if and when it happens, will be largely neutral to the local economy. I don't have a crystal ball though, any more than you do, so neither of us can make assertions based on current information.

Archived