Tram & Bus Incidents

manxy

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/bus-crash-investigation-launched/

According to the Idle of Man Government State Propaganda Machine - Manx Radio, Bus bosses are confident, there were no defects with Bus. If this is case, it can only mean ‘human error’. I can’t see the Union putting up with one of their drivers getting the blame. I’ll be surprised if Bus Vannin drivers don’t go out on strike if someone gets the blame.

10 minutes ago, far_north said:

Shades of the runaway tram that was 'parked' at the top of Snaefell?

According to the latest Manx Radio report (my emphasis added):
 "....Officials confirm the bus was empty at the time with no passengers or driver on board ...."

One of them new-fangled autonomous buses then....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/bus-crash-investigation-launched/

According to the Idle of Man Government State Propaganda Machine - Manx Radio, Bus bosses are confident, there were no defects with Bus. If this is case, it can only mean ‘human error’. I can’t see the Union putting up with one of their drivers getting the blame. I’ll be surprised if Bus Vannin drivers don’t go out on strike if someone gets the blame.

Why the unnecessarily snarky 'Idle of Man Government State Propaganda Machine - Manx Radio'. MR reported what the bus company said, which is exactly what would happen anywhere else in the world.

Accidents happen unfortunately and that road looks to narrow for the bus, it can’t be easy driving them things especially through our villages 

On a lighter note I used a bus the other day for the first time in a long while, the driver who seem to have  a foreign accent was very jolly and very helpful a proper customer experience, unlike some of his larger wedged in there cab colleagues who seem to have a permanent scowl on there faces.

Edited by GreyWolf
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Accidents happen unfortunately and that road looks to narrow for the bus, it can’t be easy driving them things especially through our villagers.

It's not a road - it's a private driveway. Looks like it turned into Birch Hill, and stopped at the first bus-stop. Driver gets out, maybe for a quick fag, or to lower the ramp for a wheelchair, and the bus rolled back down the road

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kevster said:

It's not a road - it's a private driveway. Looks like it turned into Birch Hill, and stopped at the first bus-stop. Driver gets out, maybe for a quick fag, or to lower the ramp for a wheelchair, and the bus rolled back down the road

My money's on the "quick fag" scenario.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

Accidents happen unfortunately and that road looks to narrow for the bus, it can’t be easy driving them things especially through our villagers.

It’s someone's drive it isn’t a road. Sat squashed against the house wall is a very fucked Toyota pick that caught the bus as it shot down the drive. Very lucky it looks like it took the full impact otherwise the bus would have been through the front wall of the house. How the hell it happened is anyone’s guess. 

• Thanks 1

The story goes that the driver got off the bus to reboot the destination matrix sign and the brakes hold automatically when the doors are open.

An omission to set the parking brake meant that when the doors closed the brakes released and Bob's your uncle!

Edited by finlo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, finlo said:

The story goes that the driver got off the bus to reboot the destination matrix sign and the brakes hold automatically when the doors are open.

An omission to set the parking brake meant that when the doors closed the brakes released and Bob's your uncle!

Re-boot the destination matrix = have a fag 

No routes change there.