Tram & Bus Incidents

manxy

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

He's been a bus driver for as long as I can remember so he must've accumulated a handy pension pot, with a possible lump sum greater than 60k and monthlies thereafter. Is the award on top of his pension rights or did he lose out? 

Nicked his pension off him didn't they?

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

He lost out. Factoring in if he stayed to retirement rather than getting sacked the total loss caused by ending his contract early was said to be £400K. His lost future pension entitlements will be a very big part of that. As compensation capped out at £60K he’s lost substantially out over perhaps another 10 years of staying in the scheme and retiring an an even bigger amount.

Wonder if he has a separate right of action for the pension, possibly through the courts?  It seems tremendously unfair that he has lost so much despite having the tribunal find in his favour.  In the private sector,  the pension fund would be  separate from the employer with trustees who, and this is a bit of a punt,  you could appeal to on the grounds that the employer unfairly dismissed you and so wrongly removed you from benefit from the scheme, possibly? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Wonder if he has a separate right of action for the pension, possibly through the courts? It seems tremendously unfair that he has lost so much despite having the tribunal find in his favour. In the private sector,  the pension fund would be  separate from the employer with trustees who, and this is a bit of a punt, you could appeal to on the grounds that the employer unfairly dismissed you and so wrongly removed you from benefit from the scheme, possibly? 

It begs the question of who took his case and whether his brief was up to the mark. Presumably a representation by union-appointed lawyers. There is a right of appeal with the PSPA but faced with a lengthy and probably costly legal process, and an already signed and agreed settlement, what are his alternatives? A case of take the money and run, I suppose, given the circumstances...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

It begs the question of who took his case and whether his brief was up to the mark. Presumably a representation by union-appointed lawyers. There is a right of appeal with the PSPA but faced with a lengthy and probably costly legal process, and an already signed and agreed settlement, what are his alternatives? A case of take the money and run, I suppose, given the circumstances...

Yes, I suppose. 

Longworth has managed to get away with a saving (on paper) of over £350k for DOI, by convincing Douglas Stewart that Bus Vannin sacked Mr Corrin originally, based on ‘flawed’ evidence, and even then only just! If Longworth had been made aware of all the salient facts at the internal tribunal hearing, he couldn’t have sacked Mr Corrin. I smell a massive longtail!!!!

IL comes across yet again as a vindictive and spiteful manager, and it is disgraceful behaviour!

https://www.judgments.im/content/ET 18-95 Mr Robert Corrin V Department of Infrastructure Quantum Decision.pdf

87. Both these factors have been considered by the Tribunal. There was no evidence as to whether, if the Complainant had not lost his employment, the Respondent would have supported him to have his licence to drive a bus restored. The evidence of Mr Longworth was that he would be happy for the Complainant to drive a bus in future but not for the Respondent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s just an arrogant statement. But the sort of thing you expect from Longworth. I’m really not sure why Cannan of anyone else hasn’t flushed this turd years ago. 

Didn't he retire and came back so some turds are just difficult to flush I guess.

Edited by CallMeCurious