Tram & Bus Incidents

manxy

A Chief ex doesnt leave with immediate effect . He's been leaving for ages and its only been about his settlement that he's still been there . My guess would be his full pension and massive payout ! The people who thought he was capable of the DOI job should be following him out the door. 

• Like 4

I sincerely hope we are going to find out  the cost of this payout , in the real world  there would be a push  for his  dismissal on capability grounds , following his annual appraisal  which I think will also make good bedside reading   , this  should have happened long long ago , add this to the overall cost of the promenade ,scheme and all the other cock ups he has presided over ,and I think you will find its been a very costly exercise ,and one which the island cant really afford 

time we had a night of the long knives  starting with the DOI then continuing into other ineffectual and wasteful departments , if this is the start of Alf's new regime then I think the public will give him 100% support 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

A Chief ex doesnt leave with immediate effect . He's been leaving for ages and its only been about his settlement that he's still been there . My guess would be his full pension and massive payout ! The people who thought he was capable of the DOI job should be following him out the door. 

He will only get pension equivalent to number of years in relevant pension schemes, so if it’s 21 years service that’s it. If he’s old enough to take pension ie over 55 he can of course commute part for lump sum but this will be at same rate as all staff and set out in scheme rules 

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

He will only get pension equivalent to number of years in relevant pension schemes, so if it’s 21 years service that’s it. If he’s old enough to take pension ie over 55 he can of course commute part for lump sum but this will be at same rate as all staff and set out in scheme rules 

Hes been pushed so you can bet he's done really well out of it as I had heard a few months ago he was on his way and my guess he wouldnt resign and he's been waiting for the offer ! Think he's around 54 but not 100%

Edited by Numbnuts

Word on the street is that the "Postman" is having a clear out and the DOI bods, they are running scared.

The "Postman" has  made a decree that the island will no longer suffer "Roadworks"....................... And each and every roadwork site must be "Justified"     

Whoop de do.......... No more roadworks, .......Great on the face of it if you are a Populist "Politician" BUT...............

So tell me, how the fu8k does that work?

No Roadworks, so now new surfaces, no new drains or has he a Cunning Plan? Which may or may not involve a turnip?

I dont like waiting in traffic any more than anyone else but when you take a chill pill and look why the roadworks are there it is always for something that NEEDS doing.  Why else would they be there?

I would be more interested in the "Postman's" view on Bus Vannin wiping out the Taxi Trade in the North 

Why Shoprite Ramsey now has a Bus Only parking spot outside the main door when they have a perfectly good bus stop less than 25 yards away?

This BUS VANNIN ONLY PARKING SPOT HAS ALSO DISPLACED DISABLED PARKING TO FURTHER AWAY THAN BEFORE FOR GOOD MEASURE.

Would that be door to door service of the Bus Vannin "Connect Villages" Very Taxi Like Service?????????

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

If Longworth goes as well it will be a nice crate. 

I'm in lol bet theres some squeeky bums in CS as we speak. Few anxious convo's with partners over the weekend and checking out their outgoings etc

Edited by Numbnuts

5 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I would be more interested in the "Postman's" view on Bus Vannin wiping out the Taxi Trade in the North 

Has it heck as like.

It's just a DRT bus scheme for a rural area, for which there are countless in the UK. It replaces scheduled bus services, there's nothing special or unusual about the Bus Vannin DRT scheme.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I'm in lol bet theres some squeeky bums in CS as we speak. Few anxious convo's with partners over the weekend and checking out their outgoings etc

Not something I would really wish on anyone - I've never had it as good as our gold-plated CS. But I know how shitty it can be to be in that position where you worry about your future income and keeping your house etc...

But it's a long overdue wake up call for some of them. Welcome to the real world. Fuckers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1