Tram & Bus Incidents

manxy

6 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Not something I would really wish on anyone - I've never had it as good as our gold-plated CS. But I know how shitty it can be to be in that position where you worry about your future income and keeping your house etc...

But it's a long overdue wake up call for some of them. Welcome to the real world. Fuckers. 

Yes I'm the same. Been there done that struggled etc but tbh they are a privileged breed and have never been accountable. Unlike the real world so not much sympathy , and Black will have a big wedge ,so wont struggle to pay his gas bill unlike lots of us.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It would be cheaper if they were just sacked and went through a tribunal, seeing as it's capped - just like the bus driver. 

Have to have grounds etc to sack him that would stand up in court. Not sure you could directly pin anything on him but its a combined fuck up over many years in my view across the whole management .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Have to have grounds etc to sack him that would stand up in court. Not sure you could directly pin anything on him but its a combined fuck up over many years in my view across the whole management .

You miss my point. An ET hearing capped at 56k may be worth it. 

46 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You miss my point. An ET hearing capped at 56k may be worth it. 

No I really didn't. That could only happen if he was dismissed and good luck with that one and both parties accepting. Responsibility in CS seemingly is diluted over so many people it would be nigh on impossible to pin it on him . I agree though that would have been a perfect ending. 

Edited by Numbnuts

28 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

No I really didn't. That could only happen if he was dismissed and good luck with that one and both parties accepting. Responsibility in CS seemingly is diluted over so many people it would be nigh on impossible to pin it on him . I agree though that would have been a perfect ending. 

It's hypothetical, but someone who doesn't perform can be sacked without a proper disciplinary process, safe in the knowledge the compensation is capped.  Cheaper than negotiating them out of the door and although shitty HR practice, it happens. 

Edited by Gladys

4 hours ago, Will Halsall said:

In a statement Mr Black said: "By choosing to leave now I can make room for the new minister to appoint someone who will be in post for the duration of the new administration.

I would suggest there is perhaps a lot more to this, and the net was closing in, or had closed in 🤔

"By choosing to leave now I've been able to maximise my pay and benefit entitlements"?

Longworth next. Please.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It's hypothetical, but someone who doesn't perform can be sacked without a proper disciplinary process, safe in the knowledge the compensation is capped.  Cheaper than negotiating them out of the door and although shitty HR practice, it happens. 

With the Chief Secretary watching over his flock like I said thats a tough gig. But I know it happens in private sector .  Usually best you can hope for in public sector is a sideways movement though.

Edited by Numbnuts

17 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

With the Chief Secretary watching over his flock like I said thats a tough gig. But I know it happens in private sector .  Usually best you can hope for in public sector is a sideways movement though.

When you compare with the bus driver case, also one of the CS's flock, it becomes a lot more unsavoury. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Quite, so ditch him unfairly and cap the compensation. 

John Wright will be best able to confirm but my understanding is that you can get around the tribunal compensation cap by going to the courts on the grounds of wrongful dismissal. There unlimited compensation can be awarded. 

4 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

John Wright will be best able to confirm but my understanding is that you can get around the tribunal compensation cap by going to the courts on the grounds of wrongful dismissal. There unlimited compensation can be awarded. 

I think the tribunal has exclusive jurisdiction to hear unfair dismissal cases.  I guess you could go to the courts for breach of contract, but that would be a whole other ball game.

I suppose my point is that if there are substantial pay offs rather than a proper disciplinary process, it would be very unfair in light of the bus driver case.