Tram & Bus Incidents

manxy

14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I think the tribunal has exclusive jurisdiction to hear unfair dismissal cases.  I guess you could go to the courts for breach of contract, but that would be a whole other ball game.

I suppose my point is that if there are substantial pay offs rather than a proper disciplinary process, it would be very unfair in light of the bus driver case. 

The bus driver was stitched up this lot will need a wheelbarrow to slink off with theirs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its mind blowing really. All my life since 15 I worked in the private sector and it was very simple. You worked hard , turned in when you were supposed to do , kept head down , eyes and ears open and because of that was very fortunate to climb lots of ladders in various occupations . I never took the piss , respected my employers and if I didnt like a area I was working in I would look to move on my terms but keep my nose clean till had something lined up. This Public sector nonsense is so alien to me . If I couldnt do the job then I wouldnt have one. I was out the door and rightly so. Protected species are Public sector workers and they dont realise how fortunate they are. Totally flawed enviroment they all work in and they are all equally to blame.  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Its mind blowing really. All my life since 15 I worked in the private sector and it was very simple. You worked hard , turned in when you were supposed to do , kept head down , eyes and ears open and because of that was very fortunate to climb lots of ladders in various occupations . I never took the piss , respected my employers and if I didnt like a area I was working in I would look to move on my terms but keep my nose clean till had something lined up. This Public sector nonsense is so alien to me . If I couldnt do the job then I wouldnt have one. I was out the door and rightly so. Protected species are Public sector workers and they dont realise how fortunate they are. Totally flawed enviroment they all work in and they are all equally to blame.  

Many, many years ago I was told that the only two grounds for getting sacked from the civil service were persistent lateness and swearing.  I thought they were joking.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Which presumably would include being sacked for leaving the handbrake off and a vehicle rolling down a hill? 

Sometimes I forget which side we are rooting for.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mercenary said:

I did but hold skepticism 'everyone else is doing it' would hold water elsewhere when choosing to not use the handbrake. Of course in terms of training the public sector will be held to a higher standard than smaller companies but this does not fit the narrative.

1. It wasn't as much not applying the handbrake but not knowing that using the isolator switch would cancel the brake that was used.  There had been no training. 

2.  The disciplinary process that was applied was flawed.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Have to have grounds etc to sack him that would stand up in court. Not sure you could directly pin anything on him but its a combined fuck up over many years in my view across the whole management .

I suspect there are good grounds tbf, hopefully though doubtfully, Crookall will be transparent. It certainly appears that Nick has had a close relationship with MIR 🤔?

Edited by Will Halsall

2 hours ago, Will Halsall said:

I suspect there are good grounds tbf, hopefully though doubtfully, Crookall will be transparent. It certainly appears that Nick has had a close relationship with MIR 🤔?

Does this mean were not going to see Nick out driving the bus's again , there are a few vacancies  at  reduced rates for drivers at the moment , but I guess with the big payoff  he could afford to by a couple of bus's of his own  to play with 

3 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Does this mean were not going to see Nick out driving the bus's again , there are a few vacancies  at  reduced rates for drivers at the moment , but I guess with the big payoff  he could afford to by a couple of bus's of his own  to play with 

NB and TB are going to start their own bus company and Promenade Refurbishment company. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2