Tram & Bus Incidents

manxy

15 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

........................I totally agree, but, I was talking only about air brakes........just as an aside, all cars nowadays have dual master cylinders so if fluid is lost you don't lose all braking just that efficiency is impaired............it is most unlikely to result in total brake loss, plus, there is an emergency brake, hand or foot, to slow one down.................

brake pipe split drains the reserve, few more pushes on the peddle will result in total brake loss......

the electronic handbrake on most cars are either on or off, try pulling it on at 60 mph in this situation.......

.......Oh Woody, I don't want to argue so this is my last post on this matter..................brake pipe leak drains HALF the reservoir so there is still half a braking system through the remaining good half of the DUAL system.................handbrakes are much less efficient than main brakes and even an electronic brake will not bring you to a shuddering, screaming halt............having seen hundreds of these things being tested I can tell you this is fact, so that's it, I'm not trying to convince anybody so you and them can believe what they prefer to believe, I feel relatively safe with the braking systems on my vehicles.........just a thought have you ever had a spring brake fire up? Pretty scary in an emergency.............

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

.......Oh Woody, I don't want to argue so this is my last post on this matter..................brake pipe leak drains HALF the reservoir so there is still half a braking system through the remaining good half of the DUAL system.................handbrakes are much less efficient than main brakes and even an electronic brake will not bring you to a shuddering, screaming halt............having seen hundreds of these things being tested I can tell you this is fact, so that's it, I'm not trying to convince anybody so you and them can believe what they prefer to believe, I feel relatively safe with the braking systems on my vehicles.........just a thought have you ever had a spring brake fire up? Pretty scary in an emergency.............

I had total brake failure on a van after a rear brake line flexi hose burst,  is this half reservoir a new thing? I had to use the handbrake/gears for the rest of the journey, van was built in 2002.

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I think it’s a safe bet to say that there was nothing wrong with the bus

All this bollocks about brakes just detracts from the obvious

What is the obvious? A random act of god who hates Ian Longworth? 

22 minutes ago, finlo said:
53 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

What the f@@@ has it got to do with “god” ?

You've gone a bit astray here Dilli, Kopek was (I think) referring to the chap driving the van with no brakes.

I was not responding to kopeks post. It was a response to Linz

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I think it’s a safe bet to say that there was nothing wrong with the bus

All this bollocks about brakes just detracts from the obvious

1 hour ago, Linz said:

What is the obvious? A random act of god who hates Ian Longworth? 

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

What the f@@@ has it got to do with “god” ?