Tram & Bus Incidents

manxy

21 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

What the absolute fuck are you on about? Are you really that stupid? Shall I explain for you? My copy and paste Neil, was a mild dig at iom newspapers for being poor at their job. The statement I quoted clearly has no 'validity' because it didn't make sense. Like you.  

Why do you constantly get very angry over a minor matter such as a question. Try answering the question with a yes/no/don't know instead of insults and swearing... Does that work for you? :flowers:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Why do you constantly get very angry over a minor matter such as a question. Try answering the question with a yes/no/don't know instead of insults and swearing... Does that work for you? :flowers:

Maybe if we don’t have to continually drip feed you how the thread is reading, the best option for you would not to comment in the thread in the first place. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Neil Down said:

No, it doesn't work for me. I couldn't answer the question because your question made no sense. You are a moron.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Today’s latest

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=42884&headline=Crash%20probe%20goes%20on&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2018

It looks like they are wanting to bury bad or negative news. What’s to hide? Is the driver of the vehicle facing court action? Or is justice done behind closed doors?

Could be one of the 17 health and safety cases they’re facing. 

7 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Could be one of the 17 health and safety cases they’re facing. 

I think that incident is too recent to be one of those (given the speed that these investigations progress at). As I've posted previously, I reckon these cases might be tram related.

• 3 years later...

Lets not forget that they tried to throw this guy under the bus within 2 hours of the incident! The IOM Government controlled bus company, told the IOM Government controlled radio station that the driver was not on the bus at time, and that there was no mechanical problems with the bus. I cant get my car serviced in 2 hours, let alone conduct a full investigation. What has not been reported was that this same handbrake issue happened twice before, and was covered up. Mr Corrin's bus didn't have anyone onboard, whereas the other two both had passengers on them. This was all about getting rid of one of the drivers that was on one of the old, more lucrative contracts. DOI will see this as a win today. Not fit for purpose is an understatement.

• Like 2

It does go to show that there is a hell of a lot of money being chucked about within the government employ. From the linked judgment:

......loss of earnings, lost pension benefits, loss of statutory rights and loss of free bus travel totalling £415,210.36

Tip of the iceberg. This is 'just' a bus driver.

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I see that house that was totaled has now been completely rebuilt as a two story house from a rather shabby bungalow too. I wonder if it was an insured loss or not as IOMG does a lot of self insurance for day-to-day operations. So I wonder how much this whole episode has now cost us? If the compensation had not been capped this guy would have been walking away with over £400K just for the unfair dismissal. 

I'm sure at the time I read the house was due to be demolished anyway? 

Could be wrong. 

Either way in an ideal world we wouldn't have shitaro buses running off on their own.