Hosepipe ban

Ham_N_Eggs

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

But according to Rob Callister, no one has ever been prosecuted for the offence.  So that's the Chair[1] of the MUA telling not to worry about wasting water.

[1]  Or 'chair' as Manx Radio insists on calling - presumably because they think he's there to be sat on.

Maybe use a hosepipe while smoking a splif - that should get a conviction...

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Someone in a previous post asked about instructions given, there has been an annoying kid on MR for weeks now lecturing us about not wasting water.  I have actually been using less water since the price of leccy has gone up, making sure I have a full load before I use the washing machine, dishwasher etc.  but as a nation we have been told not to buy bottled water but to get a water bottle, and I have, and fill it instead.   Indeed there have been places where you are welcome to replenish your supply….so I reckon that by following these instructions from the Government we have all drunk the reservoirs nearly dry.    That is my theory anyway. 🤣

I always go and piss in a reservoir when I can to try and offset this.

8 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

So say if I get a water butt, I can plumb the pressure washer in without any problems? My estate is like curtain twitcher central. 

In general, the connectors to water butts are standard (same as a tap) so technically yes. Don't underestimate the volume of water a pressure washer needs.

1 hour ago, GD4ELI said:

In general, the connectors to water butts are standard (same as a tap) so technically yes. Don't underestimate the volume of water a pressure washer needs.

This. My pressure-washer requires a minimum input of 3-4 bar before it'll work. 

46 minutes ago, quilp said:

This. My pressure-washer requires a minimum input of 3-4 bar before it'll work. 

the karcher K4 will suck water with no need to be pressure fed but it helps to prime it first as it doesn't like sucking the air through.

3 hours ago, Holte End said:

I wouldn't bother. Localised flooding while having a hosepipe ban, looking at the weekend weather report. Deja vu with the last hosepipe ban.

What? Barely even half an inch of rain at worst forecast over Fri night - Sun night. Mostly drizzly. Won't make any difference. After that modelling is pointing at return to high pressure systems and dry, warmer than usual weather.

2 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

The Government could kill two birds with one stone with this, by asking  for £2.00 a month of people for water shortages whilst advertising the island to come and live.

They've been beaten to it! WaterAid's two pound a month campaign | WaterAid's doordrop … | Flickr

Edited by 0bserver