Hosepipe ban

Ham_N_Eggs

7 hours ago, 2112 said:

Recent rainfall has prompted United Utilities to end it’s short lived hosepipe ban.

United Utilities calls off summer hosepipe ban in England http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45043191

Meanwhile here on Fantasy Island, we have had a good drenching, and the powers that be will dither, and Alex Allinson MHK will carry on playing at Fantasy Politics. If the water is running low, I would argue that Government incompetence is playing a major part of the problem.

Yes, but with a second long heatwave on the way it is a mistake to not implement the hosepipe ban but hey, I'm no expert, what the hell do I know.

• Like 1

HRH The Chief Minister speaks .......... the Royal Decree

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/chief-minister-urges-water-responsibility/

WTF is he doing? I thought Bell was another idiot who liked pontificating and chewing the fat as well as making public utterances. The whole thing regarding the hosepipe ban has a feel of political correctness to it

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hosepipe-ban-now-in-place/

I am sure before long someone will be arrested and charged under the new law, a show trial will take place, whereby they will be promptly found guilty and fined the maximum amount, which will go towards the Manx Utilities loan fund. 

Seagulls have shat all over my car today, bloody typical, can't use my own hose pipe so I have to drive down the the garage and pay £1 for 3 minutes or whatever it is for the privilege instead, I dare say the garage pressure washer is more powerful and uses more water than mine too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Seagulls have shat all over my car today, bloody typical, can't use my own hose pipe so I have to drive down the the garage and pay £1 for 3 minutes or whatever it is for the privilege instead, I dare say the garage pressure washer is more powerful and uses more water than mine too.

Other forms of water transportation are available ;)

17 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That may chystalise though and look even worse 

17 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That may chystalise though and look even worse 

It's bollox anyway, i'm sure a hose with a gun on uses less water than multiple buckets (that you fill with hose anyway).

12 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I dont get why businesses are still allowed to use water for that sort of thing but we (who pay more for our water rates than businesses do) can’t. It doesn’t make any sense. We aren’t allowed to use hose pipes but the Milestone is allowed to have its jet wash on round the clock