Hosepipe ban

Ham_N_Eggs

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Why do we have that annoying child telling us what we already know, fed up of government condescending crap.

Totally agree, what an annoying child, what an annoying and worthless advert. The drought is over. The Chief Ministers predicting no rain till October is way off what is happening in the real world.

Nothing has changed there though!

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Why do we have that annoying child telling us what we already know, fed up of government condescending crap.

I’d dunk the little fecker’s head into an overflowing bath for 3 minutes and see how keen he is on water then.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, hagar the horrible said:

If I use my Karcher pressure washer with a water supply from a bucket or some other container which I top up from the kitchen tap am I breaking the hosepipe ban?

"........it may for such period as it thinks necessary, prohibit or restrict as respects the whole or any part of the Island the use for Schedule 6 Water Act 1991 Page 58 AT 24 of 1991 c the purpose of watering private gardens or washing private motor cars of any water supplied by it and drawn through a hosepipe or similar apparatus."

I think the key point is "Supplied by it" - if it was a rainwater butt you were drawing from, or a private pond or well, then that would be different. But I reckon filling a bowser from your domestic water supply, then using a pressure washer to draw from that counts as "similar apparatus" 

Shame - cos its a good idea! 

2 hours ago, Terminal said:

If you stand on the dam at Sulby reservoir looking down the dry side it’s a hella long way down from the top to the bottom.

Is the reservoir side not the same depth? If it is there must be a shit ton of water left in it. 

Not when you consider the volume displaced by the lost city.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

"........it may for such period as it thinks necessary, prohibit or restrict as respects the whole or any part of the Island the use for Schedule 6 Water Act 1991 Page 58 AT 24 of 1991 c the purpose of watering private gardens or washing private motor cars of any water supplied by it and drawn through a hosepipe or similar apparatus."

I think the key point is "Supplied by it" - if it was a rainwater butt you were drawing from, or a private pond or well, then that would be different. But I reckon filling a bowser from your domestic water supply, then using a pressure washer to draw from that counts as "similar apparatus" 

Shame - cos its a good idea! 

keep a bowser full of water if a ban looks likely.   

Or use water from your pond or swimming pool and then legally top that up from a hosepipe as pools and ponds arent covered by the ban.