Richmond hill

LightBulb

14 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I have had no issue with the 20mph limit through the roadworks. What I DO object to is the 20mph limit where the 50mph zone began just south of Cooil Road to the Farmer's Market. No need.

I came back to the iom off the ferry yesterday, travelling south to pickup my dog l couldn't believe 20mph restrictions roadworks which seemed to go on endlessly with nothing in sight until eventually l saw the cones, not one workman in site, infact l thought the approach to the 1st 20mph sign was so poorly placed l wasn't sure if it was really meant to be there?  Ah!  the time was approximately 2.30 in the afternoon. I had to smile to myself, I thought welcome home to an island which is run so  badly by people we voted in who just don't realise how irritating their actions affect our everyday lives.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

I came back to the iom off the ferry yesterday, travelling south to pickup my dog l couldn't believe 20mph restrictions roadworks which seemed to go on endlessly with nothing in sight until eventually l saw the cones, not one workman in site, infact l thought the approach to the 1st 20mph sign was so poorly placed l wasn't sure if it was really meant to be there?  Ah!  the time was approximately 2.30 in the afternoon. I had to smile to myself, I thought welcome home to an island which is run so  badly by people we voted in who just don't realise how irritating their actions affect our everyday lives.

That's because the process of overdressing requires time for the chippings to bond. Its a curing time. There's nothing anyone can do in that time. Perhaps research the subject before commenting.

Its the same anywhere in the world. You just choose to notice it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's because the process of overdressing requires time for the chippings to bond. Its a curing time. There's nothing anyone can do in that time. Perhaps research the subject before commenting.

Saved me some time there HD... had some complete knob heads tearing past me walking on Groudle Road within hours of the chippings being done last week, showering me in the process. What surprised me more was how many people had parked outside their houses on a newly chipped road.......

13 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Ahhh l didn't know that, apologies l misunderstood.  Your right both of you whom commented on my post. I will try to do more research before l make a such an observation apparently an incorrect one at that. Lilly 

• Thanks 1

It's interesting to see the number of road surfacing techniques in use now and one wonders what the criteria are in deciding which to use.

As above posts, the "traditional" tar and chippings have been used in a number of locations recently including almost the whole of the stretch of the Jurby Coast Road from the Lhen to Ballaugh Cronk which was in truly appalling condition previously.

Then we have the "Ralumac" which was applied to areas of the TT course recently even though it leaves a rough and rippled finish.

Interestingly, the Injebreck Road from Mount Rule area almost right up to the reservoir was resurfaced with 3-odd inch depth of billiard table smooth black tarmac in the recent past too.

Maybe a HNW or two living up there now....?

40 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Interestingly, the Injebreck Road from Mount Rule area almost right up to the reservoir was resurfaced with 3-odd inch depth of billiard table smooth black tarmac in the recent past too.

I think it was about 3 years ago. Puzzled me at the time. Its not all the way though is it, just a few 100 metres of motorway standard tarmac

Maybe it was left over🤣

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think it was about 3 years ago. Puzzled me at the time. Its not all the way though is it, just a few 100 metres of motorway standard tarmac

Maybe it was left over🤣

Maybe that's the rug under which things keep getting swept. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It's interesting to see the number of road surfacing techniques in use now and one wonders what the criteria are in deciding which to use.

As above posts, the "traditional" tar and chippings have been used in a number of locations recently including almost the whole of the stretch of the Jurby Coast Road from the Lhen to Ballaugh Cronk which was in truly appalling condition previously.

Then we have the "Ralumac" which was applied to areas of the TT course recently even though it leaves a rough and rippled finish.

it's good to see that the roads are resurfaced with the older method of chippings and tar, most places I visit in the UK the roads large and small are a patchwork of splodgey/dobbed repairs which leave the road surface looking like a patchwork quilt made out of bodged potholes which would shame a shanty 3rd world town or the councils various leave the road to get into a signed "failed road surface" state before they do anything about it. Does anybody know if the council are obliged to communicate their repair process for any reported road surface damage ?

53 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Maybe it was left over🤣

Thanks Ray.

Er, it's well over a mile and was brand new not 6 months ago.

I see that the breaking-up granite cobbles in the roadway in Parliament St Ramsey have been repaired too - with huge blobs of some sort of resin smeared over the offending areas, it looks like a number of huge seagull shites.

Quality.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Thanks Ray.

Er, it's well over a mile and was brand new not 6 months ago.

I see that the breaking-up granite cobbles in the roadway in Parliament St Ramsey have been repaired too - with huge blobs of some sort of resin smeared over the offending areas, it looks like a number of huge seagull shites.

Quality.

I think to be fair the DOI said they were doing a temp job till they could get staff free to repair/replace it properly. That will be two years then ! 

10 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Maybe it was left over🤣

If you took any notice but the Gran Fondo route only has had extensive resurfacing the last few years. 
injebreck

corlea

druidale

sliaeu whallian

staarvey

all back roads and all superior finish  

Phillips it appears does do something   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gizo said:

If you took any notice but the Gran Fondo route only has had extensive resurfacing the last few years. 
injebreck

corlea

druidale

sliaeu whallian

staarvey

Must be all the road tax those cyclists pay... car drivers should contribute to the upkeep of the roads too! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Cycling event.

They did the same on Druidale just before the Gran Fondo last year

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

injebreck

corlea

druidale

sliaeu whallian

staarvey

Oh good. They can add the price of all that to this then...

Screenshot_20220810-192518_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
ETA Tidied screenshot up

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

injebreck

corlea

druidale

sliaeu whallian

staarvey

If I took notice of what?