Hurricane Season

TheTeapot

That nutter in that stream I posted had to abandon his truck in Mexico Beach when the storm surge hit, and by the looks of things the town is no longer there. This really is an amazing storm. Still got 150mph winds despite being 90miles inland now, which is really unusual. Expected to die down but it is still going to tear through Georgia as a hurricane. People were not prepared for quite how fierce this was going to be. I can't stop watching footage.

You can play around a little with this one

http://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-16&z=3&im=60&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&opacity[0]=0.93&hidden[0]=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&sec=full_disk&p[0]=16&x=8824&y=5516

Edit - thats zoomed in a bit from me messing about, but if you take all the stuff off it and just go the actual address you get the world. THE BALL. Its incredible.

Edited by TheTeapot

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Weird, its embedded for me and working fine. You'll find it on r/TropicalWeather if you want to see it. Although by now its time to start watching the actual effects on land. 145mph sustained winds! 

Thanks, got home and it worked okay on my laptop

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

that's gonna throw a fly or six in PGW's theories...

• Like 1