US Supreme Court

Chinahand

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kavanaugh's appointment is doomed to be political.  He will have the swing vote on quite a few divisive rulings that will be brought before him, many concerning women and some concerning the rights they have over their own bodies.  He's being installed to push the Republican agenda.

These historic allegations may not be enough to preclude him from this posotion on their own in the view of many people but they're part of a bigger picture when put together with some of his past rulings and comments.

Archaic in his views, he should not be allowed the casting vote in the highest court in the US, and certainly not in 2018.

1 hour ago, PottyLisa said:

Kavanaugh's appointment is doomed to be political.  He will have the swing vote on quite a few divisive rulings that will be brought before him, many concerning women and some concerning the rights they have over their own bodies.  He's being installed to push the Republican agenda.

These historic allegations may not be enough to preclude him from this posotion on their own in the view of many people but they're part of a bigger picture when put together with some of his past rulings and comments.

Archaic in his views, he should not be allowed the casting vote in the highest court in the US, and certainly not in 2018.

The interesting thing is that there is some evidence that once appointed, for life, they can, and do, moderate and change their views.

No longer dependent for political patronage and re-election for their jobs.

In case you hadn’t noticed, kavanaugh wasn’t on either of Trump’s original lists of 25 potential nominations for the Supreme Court. He only got added after trump found himself under investigation. Pure coincidence that kavanaugh is on the record saying presidents can’t be indicted, I’m sure.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

In case you hadn’t noticed, kavanaugh wasn’t on either of Trump’s original lists of 25 potential nominations for the Supreme Court. He only got added after trump found himself under investigation. Pure coincidence that kavanaugh is on the record saying presidents can’t be indicted, I’m sure.

Trump isn't even accused of an indictable offense.

“States rights” rears its ugly head.

Where in the Constitution is a Federal power to regulate the provision of abortion. 

I am totally in favour of choice but right wing legal scholars question where in the Constitution the judicial activism which made abortion legal is to be found. 

They reason this issue is one for individual states and not Federal or Constitutional powers. 

Hence Kavanaugh is opposed. 

I can understand the concerns. 

Archived