Rob Callister

La Colombe

Rob is an odious and narcissistic knob, and I have no time for him at all.

The children's champion role may actually be appropriate though.  It is meant to provide a Tynwald voice for children and young people who have some state involvement in their lives.  IIRC, Rob had a period in care when he was a kid.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, 2112 said:

I’ve always thought Rob is the Elderley Champion, the role he would feel most passionately about.

This might be a good role. However whatever the champion he is of it seems to be fair to say that it looks like he’s trying to set a Guinness world record for having worked in every possible department of government in only one term. 

Be fair, his background and continued involvement , is such that this should be a role made for him?

However, in the cynical mob attack that is Comin, is this more to do with sidelining Daphne Caine??

Still, wish Rob C the best in this role.

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 3:16 PM, piebaps said:

Jesus - MF wishing him well!! He's doomed I tell ye:D

I hope he doesn't turn out to be a "likeable rogue".

Well I see in his blog this weekend he seems to support the 190 years of the SPC saying what a great asset to the IOM it is now we own it. But I also seem to recall him saying in the very same blog that buying it was a bad idea and that we had overpaid for it and should have waited closer to the user agreement ending to buy it. 

2 hours ago, Southfork said:

Well I see in his blog this weekend he seems to support the 190 years of the SPC saying what a great asset to the IOM it is now we own it. But I also seem to recall him saying in the very same blog that buying it was a bad idea and that we had overpaid for it and should have waited closer to the user agreement ending to buy it. 

He isn't alone though.  That's because he and a load of others have no idea about the value of it.

Some people even suggested the government just wait until 2026. Lol

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Holte End said:

The real question Onchan residents should be asking their MHK's is this all about ?

https://www.onchan.org.im/uploads/housing-review-report-december-2019-saved-051219.pdf

927933947_ScreenShot2020-07-05at08_49_41.png.320aa8086484068af8ac68006b8734bc.png

It appears that from 2014 to 2017 the commissioners overspent on general housing maintenance,

the biggest overspend was in 2016 to2017of nearly £600,000.00

653247326_ScreenShot2020-07-05at09_00_23.png.743ff234e596af327871276660fdbacb.png

Not much point asking Rob. He was an Onchan Commissioner from 2012 to September 2016. Those big overspends would have been planned whilst he was on the board

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:02 PM, Kopek said:

However, in the cynical mob attack that is Comin, is this more to do with sidelining Daphne Caine?

It absolutely is. Quayle, misogynistic nasty cur that he is, has a downer on Caine as she’s got under his skin and is the only Tynwald member with the metaphorical balls to challenge him and call him out. (Perhaps to be joined by Thomas).

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Not much point asking Rob. He was an Onchan Commissioner from 2012 to September 2016. Those big overspends would have been planned whilst he was on the board

Funny that though?

A massive splurge and overspend on public housing just as all the granny farming started to get a commissioner elected as an MHK. 

9 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Funny that though?

A massive splurge and overspend on public housing just as all the granny farming started to get a commissioner elected as an MHK. 

what's funny about it?

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Well I think he will have to, when he was standing on a transparency platform to be elected .

No just Rob Callister, but Onchan Commissioners have year on year called for a zero increase into rents, while massively overspending.