Rob Callister

La Colombe

From what I hear Rob was right to ask the questions he did. Ministers are still public representatives and are required to act on their behalf.

There have been so many comings and goings in the hospital it's not surprising some people don't know who everyone else is.

Perhaps not everyone agrees with this keep your hands off Manx Care business ? 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Apple said:

From what I hear Rob was right to ask the questions he did. Ministers are still public representatives and are required to act on their behalf.

There have been so many comings and goings in the hospital it's not surprising some people don't know who everyone else is.

Perhaps not everyone agrees with this keep your hands off Manx Care business ? 

I wonder how well the 'required outcomes framework' for Manx Care was drafted, and by whom?

In Manx law, the Minister is her/his department, in terms of decision-making, and so you should certainly expect them to be asking questions constantly about everything in their portfolio.

I am not in any way supporting Rob the Gob as a person, but supporting your general position, Apple.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

Randall seems to be the architect of the deluledd 500,000 visitors a year plan. He says its achievable because it happened once in the 1940s.  We are in good hands.

I think you may be confusing Caldric Randall, the Acting Chief Secretary with Ranald Caldwell the Non-Executive Chairman of Visit Agency.  

(Obviously if you're called Jane Smith or Juan Corlett, you've got no chance of a top job).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think you may be confusing Caldric Randall, the Acting Chief Secretary with Ranald Caldwell the Non-Executive Chairman of Visit Agency.  

(Obviously if you're called Jane Smith or Juan Corlett, you've got no chance of a top job).

and no doubt heavily backed by Mark (I have nothing to do with Sefton Group even though it might look like that to some) Lewin. Who, lest we forget, was being groomed to be CS until Alf scuppered his plans and brought in his former Treasury CEO.. 

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Rob the …. Will now find he has shot himself in the foot as his hands would need to be squeaking clean now he comments are to be investigated.  He will be starting to realise he should have gone quietly. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Will now find he has shot himself in the foot as his hands would need to be squeaking clean now he comments are to be investigated.  He will be starting to realise he should have gone quietly. 

Nothing to lose if he sings like a bird. (he won't though). What more can Alf do ?