Rob Callister

La Colombe

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

Could Rob please stop using that bright red picture of a virus in so many posts. It is starting to give me anxiety whenever I see it and I am sure there are many others who are getting distressed by it. 

What is the relevance or need for it beyond screen clickbait?

Further confirmation that dumping Facebook was the best thing I could have done to support my mental health at this time. Thanks. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

Why isn't Rob being allowed to present any of the media briefings? I thought he had received media training?

The teachers are awaiting his answer to...  "Give an example of a five letter word ending in MEDIA"

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Tut tut. On his blog this week he says he went out for two walks on Wednesday. 

Actually I have just seen that. So I’m told by the police that I can go for one walk a day only. Does another rule apply to “key workers” if an MHk is allowed to go for 2 walks in one day? 

I read it this morning and it seems like there's a lot of filler. Not as 'busy' as he usually is. At least I now know he has a fascination with RMS Titanic,  the assignation of JFK, the death of Princess Diana and the suicide of Marilyn Monroe.

I've taken a 100% pay cut Rob to look after my family and no support from the Government.

How about you take a 20% cut so we're all in this together?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I've taken a 100% pay cut Rob to look after my family and no support from the Government.

How about you take a 20% cut so we're all in this together?

Bad luck. Do you not qualify under any of the schemes? They’ve expanded some in the last week if you’ve not checked. I agree with you politicians should lead the way exactly as they have in New Zealand. There are a growing number of people out there now with absolutely no income and no state support either. They still have bills to pay and food to buy. Those still getting paid by the taxpayer should certainly be making a gesture to show empathy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Bad luck. Do you not qualify under any of the schemes? They’ve expanded some in the last week if you’ve not checked. 

No my only option is to sign on. I'd rather try and get by on my savings. Until the schools go back I've no alternative except put my business on hold and look after my two young kids. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

No my only option is to sign on. I'd rather try and get by on my savings. Until the schools go back I've no alternative except put my business on hold and look after my two young kids. 

Nice to see genuine people being helped so well by our huge and caring gover... oh. 

1 hour ago, slinkydevil said:

Bad luck I’d hold off signing on keep looking at the schemes though they are expanding all the time to cover new situations.

I’d wager very soon government will work out that once so many people end up with no income and no support exists in our society they aren’t going to accept the usual meaningless flannel and are going to expect politicians to do something about it. The 2021 electioneering will start soon. Who is going to vote for anyone getting a full salary for not doing very much like a Harmer or Callister figure when they’re skint and getting no support to pay their bills and there could now literally be thousands of people in that category. The IOM has traditionally kept the more vocal elements of society sweet via over employment in the public sector. But those tactics aren’t going to work moving forward. A pay cut would be a gesture. And not just MHKs either. All non essential workers above a certain pay grade. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
Typos spotted

25 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

As commendable as that is, I'd be careful when it comes to national insurance contributions. If you're not still paying NI and you find things go on for too long and eventually do end up needing financial support from the government, you may find (ironically) that the non-payment of NI will be factored against eligibility. That may not be relevant to your own situation but generally-speaking it goes for anybody in the position of not having an income and opting to live on savings instead of support from government -- they should be mindful of that. I think they go by contributions in the last year or so and it makes no difference if you had previously been paying NI without stop for decades, which is rather strange. I wonder if anybody has successfully appealed that and obtained support based on historical contributions?  

Edited by Rushen Spy