Rob Callister

La Colombe

37 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

People park on the pavement or the street where there is space such as opposite Simpsons

It's one way only

It’s closed to traffic mon to sat for 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon

The street parking takes place mostly in the evening, otherwise it's a short cut rather than heading down the prom or up around Albany Road

Having closed Michael Street to cars, the lanes going off it are now used for car parking

4 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That isn't true really.

The reality is  that the main thing, in Ramsey certainly, that stops the street being fully pedestrianised is the chronic lack of parking in the town.

If they could sort that then the only need for traffic would be deliveries etc.

There's plenty of parking in Ramsey. Shoprite carpark. Albert Rd carpark. The old Plaza carpark by the tramstation. The Quay. Market Sq. The Promenade. St. Paul's Sq. What needs to be more rigorously enforced is time limits for parking rather than workers clogging up the areas such as Shoprite and Albert Rd by leaving their cars all day. An hour is more than enough for most shopping requirements in Ramsey.

Plus traders have always objected to pedestrianisation, knowing that their customers are largely too lazy to park more than 20m away from any shop they wish to use.

The crunch will be how many customers they have left after lockdown accustoms them to the ease and convenience of shopping online.

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

I know it's a bit of a wind tunnel at times, having one night sprinted down it on crutches with no part of my body touching the ground for 40 yards, but an enclosed bullet proof glass walkway would be my choice, completely pedestrianised with built in speakers playing acker bilk 24/7 ideally. 

Acker Bilk you say.?
Reminds me of the joke about  George and Mildred. 
Mildred is taking a bath , when she suddenly screams for George to come. 
He gets to the bathroom and Mildred has somehow got a toe stuck in the tap and try as he might he can’t help. He phones a plumber, but to save Mildreds blushes, gives her his trilby to cover her f****.

The plumber arrives and after assessing the predicament, says he can hopefully get Mildreds toe from the tap, but can do nothing for Acker Bilk.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Acker Bilk you say.?
Reminds me of the joke about  George and Mildred. 
Mildred is taking a bath , when she suddenly screams for George to come. 
He gets to the bathroom and Mildred has somehow got a toe stuck in the tap and try as he might he can’t help. He phones a plumber, but to save Mildreds blushes, gives her his trilby to cover her f****.

The plumber arrives and after assessing the predicament, says he can hopefully get Mildreds toe from the tap, but can do nothing for Acker Bilk.

That must have been side-splitting in 1971. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

There's plenty of parking in Ramsey. Shoprite carpark. Albert Rd carpark. The old Plaza carpark by the tramstation. The Quay. Market Sq. The Promenade. St. Paul's Sq. What needs to be more rigorously enforced is time limits for parking rather than workers clogging up the areas such as Shoprite and Albert Rd by leaving their cars all day. An hour is more than enough for most shopping requirements in Ramsey.

Plus traders have always objected to pedestrianisation, knowing that their customers are largely too lazy to park more than 20m away from any shop they wish to use.

The crunch will be how many customers they have left after lockdown accustoms them to the ease and convenience of shopping online.

And some new disabled spaces on Water Street. Loads of parking.

Callister grandstanding again because he likes to let his constituents know what is what about Covid 19 in his blog.   Rob, if I want to know about the latest with regard to Covid 19 I will listen to the news or the daily shout out I do not need you to interpretate it for me in your blog.   Grow up.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Callister grandstanding again because he likes to let his constituents know what is what about Covid 19 in his blog.   Rob, if I want to know about the latest with regard to Covid 19 I will listen to the news or the daily shout out I do not need you to interpretate it for me in your blog.   Grow up.

I think it is worrying if he is now in home affairs what will end up being published publicly. I’ve no idea what Quayle was thinking of putting someone with such an apparent need to broadcast everything publicly in a department where they will have access to lots of highly sensitive information. 

24 minutes ago, Southfork said:

I think it is worrying if he is now in home affairs what will end up being published publicly. I’ve no idea what Quayle was thinking of putting someone with such an apparent need to broadcast everything publicly in a department where they will have access to lots of highly sensitive information. 

Its surely a good thing, he might let slip something interesting that we should know.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Southfork said:

That's just nonsense really.

Any politician who is a department member has access to all sorts of data.  None of which they personally publish unless it is freely available.

I'm not big fan of Roderbrect but really.......