Rob Callister

La Colombe

7 hours ago, Omobono said:

the silent member in DOI not a peep about the promenade

I had not realised that.

Has he been there all the way through this debacle then ? 

1 hour ago, Apple said:

I had not realised that.

Has he been there all the way through this debacle then ? 

You may recall the proposed car tax changes.....as political member he didn't understand what was being proposed.... Even though he had read and approved it.

• Like 1

I've seen hima few times over the last couple of weeks, Mr Callister is currently walking round Onchan delivering his manifestos.

Regarding a few of the points above, rather than just posting on a forum saying he hasn't done anything in five years, without any proof one way or the other, why not contact him directly with your points and then post up his answers.

I'm not for or against Mr Callister, but it all seems very one sided.

57 minutes ago, Katman said:

I've seen hima few times over the last couple of weeks, Mr Callister is currently walking round Onchan delivering his manifestos.

Regarding a few of the points above, rather than just posting on a forum saying he hasn't done anything in five years, without any proof one way or the other, why not contact him directly with your points and then post up his answers.

I'm not for or against Mr Callister, but it all seems very one sided.

He used to be a regular on here so I would be surprised if he didnt know what is being said about him tbh. He clearly chooses not to take the bait . And TBH cant blame him as he has been too quiet on all the matters listed above, He clearly wants a Conmin position in the new house and is keeping his head down . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

He used to be a regular on here so I would be surprised if he didnt know what is being said about him tbh. He clearly chooses not to take the bait . And TBH cant blame him as he has been too quiet on all the matters listed above, He clearly wants a Conmin position in the new house and is keeping his head down . 

As a member of the House of Keys I am very concerned to hear of additional demand potentially being put on the food bank over the summer holidays. 

Although I am the Children’s Champion, this is outside that role, which is focused on children in care or where the government is the corporate parent. That is one of the reasons why I will be asking the next Chief Minister in October to appoint a Children’s Commissioner, which would be focussed on listening and giving all children on the Isle of Man a voice. 

In respect of the food bank, I really think we need to get some core data from Neal Mellon, in order to truly identify why people are approaching the food bank at certain parts of the year. 

Any individual constituent that contacts me directly I can try to help directly, but if there is a wider issue then we do need to understand the reason. 
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

As a member of the House of Keys I am very concerned to hear of additional demand potentially being put on the food bank over the summer holidays. 

Although I am the Children’s Champion, this is outside that role, which is focused on children in care or where the government is the corporate parent. That is one of the reasons why I will be asking the next Chief Minister in October to appoint a Children’s Commissioner, which would be focussed on listening and giving all children on the Isle of Man a voice. 

In respect of the food bank, I really think we need to get some core data from Neal Mellon, in order to truly identify why people are approaching the food bank at certain parts of the year. 

Any individual constituent that contacts me directly I can try to help directly, but if there is a wider issue then we do need to understand the reason. 

Surely anything to do with food bank or the likes that you feel strongly about regardless of if its under your remit or not should be a major concern to any sensible and caring MHK. You also have access to so many avenues to make inroads into the very structure that exists to get a handle on the very issues that you flag up. If you recognise them why have you not attempted to address them regardless if its your remit or not. Sorry not a good response Rob.  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Rob Callister said:
That is one of the reasons why I will be asking the next Chief Minister in October to appoint a Children’s Commissioner, which would be focussed on listening and giving all children on the Isle of Man a voice. 

This guy doesn't even have to put 'If I'm elected..' - he knows, boom!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

Thank you for responding.

I would be happy to hear your take on the DOI construction projects Mr Callister. Mr Baker seems to be trying to shoulder the burden all on his own, not very successfully.

I would also like to hear your views on the problems in Onchan Commissioners. I do think it is worthy of a comment from your perspective. 

With regard to the Foodbank, confidentiality is of prime concern. Personal information can only be shared with the Foodbank staff as I understand it, and that includes the reasons why people need to use that facility. Core data may show that during the school holidays the need rises but Government has shied away from supplying meals for those normally receiving free school meals. Poor show in my view.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The comments above on the Foodbank seem to follow the typical scornful government line. One where they don’t seem to believe that people here are poor enough to need to feed their family from a foodbank. They demand to see the data as it’s easier to try to paint the Foodbank users as druggies saving money to be spent on drugs or just general scroungers than admit that the Foodbank fills an actual need in the IOM. The comments are very poor in that respect.

i tend to agree, there will  be druggie piss head chain smokers but there will also be genuine people in need, my guess would be the single mothers who aren't getting a penny from absent fathers would be top of the  list

• Like 4