Rob Callister

La Colombe

9 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

As a member of the House of Keys I am very concerned to hear of additional demand potentially being put on the food bank over the summer holidays. 

Although I am the Children’s Champion, this is outside that role, which is focused on children in care or where the government is the corporate parent. That is one of the reasons why I will be asking the next Chief Minister in October to appoint a Children’s Commissioner, which would be focussed on listening and giving all children on the Isle of Man a voice. 

https://www.gov.im/media/1361845/isle-of-man-childrens-champion-terms-of-reference-2018-v3.pdf

Has the terms of reference changed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Katman said:

I've seen hima few times over the last couple of weeks, Mr Callister is currently walking round Onchan delivering his manifestos.

Regarding a few of the points above, rather than just posting on a forum saying he hasn't done anything in five years, without any proof one way or the other, why not contact him directly with your points and then post up his answers.

I'm not for or against Mr Callister, but it all seems very one sided.

Can it be one sided when the idiot sends out a blog Dear Diary putting his side out.

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

Prime example of why boy Rob needs to get on the dole Q, imagine being in the role of children’s champion, basking in the glory

Then publicly showing why vulnerable children are not being cared for

BECAUSE the children’s champion for got to champion the issue for them

what a complete waste of his 60k pay. 

On 8/4/2021 at 9:53 AM, Rob Callister said:

As a member of the House of Keys I am very concerned to hear of additional demand potentially being put on the food bank over the summer holidays. 

Although I am the Children’s Champion, this is outside that role, which is focused on children in care or where the government is the corporate parent. That is one of the reasons why I will be asking the next Chief Minister in October to appoint a Children’s Commissioner, which would be focussed on listening and giving all children on the Isle of Man a voice. 

In respect of the food bank, I really think we need to get some core data from Neal Mellon, in order to truly identify why people are approaching the food bank at certain parts of the year. 

Any individual constituent that contacts me directly I can try to help directly, but if there is a wider issue then we do need to understand the reason. 

CALLISTER you are fired
The Children’s Champion serves at the discretion of the Chief Minister, who may withdraw the appointment should the standards, attributes and principles of these Terms of Reference not be met; or personal conduct falls short of the high standards required

Edited by buncha wankas

11 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

In respect of the food bank, I really think we need to get some core data from Neal Mellon, in order to truly identify why people are approaching the food bank at certain parts of the year. 

Any individual constituent that contacts me directly I can try to help directly, but if there is a wider issue then we do need to understand the reason. 

You're an absolute disgrace and not fit for office.

Completely out of touch with the electorate and reality.

Off you go.  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, germann said:

You're an absolute disgrace and not fit for office.

Completely out of touch with the electorate and reality.

Off you go.  

Rob I don’t know you but I have read this from germann  and the “contribution” from buncha wankas.

These two posts show explicitly the downside of social media. Rude, aggressive and totally unacceptable.

Good on you for seeking public office and doing what you think is best for the electorate, you will never get it right in everybody’s eyes, but such comments are totally out of order. 

Quite frankly I am shocked that people see fit to post this sort of abuse online.

I posted this on another thread.  Questions asked by Onchan MHKs since July last year.

Rob - 2 questions. Questions dried up after doi appointment.

Julie - 180 questions

One appears to be working for the consituents and the other for themselves.

Screenshot_20210710-093732.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Rob, I have read this from germann, and the “contribution” from buncha wankas. These two posts show explicitly the downside of social media. Rude, aggressive and totally unacceptable...

... such comments are totally out of order. 

Quite frankly I am shocked that people see fit to post this sort of abuse online.

Do give it a rest, old boy, there's really nothing you can do about it. One assumes you'd enjoy having the power to exercise your censorious nature and silence those comments of which you disagree. Quayle recently opined, referencing the MR spat and ensuing debacle that he wished the laws could be extended and brought to bear against those who held views and opinions he found unacceptable. Likely you'd be right behind such legislation.

Why not try ignoring those comments which you judge to be nothing other than gratuitous insult, rather than tut-tutting like some purse-lipped school Ma'am?

Rob will have developed a thick skin by now, he's been on the receiving end of insults on this platform, and others, for years and likely nothing would surprise him. Goes with the territory.

Little point in your being offended on his behalf. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, quilp said:

Do give it a rest, old boy, there's really nothing you can do about it. One assumes you'd enjoy having the power to exercise your censorious nature and silence those comments of which you disagree. Quayle recently opined, referencing the MR spat and ensuing debacle that he wished the laws could be extended and brought to bear against those who held views and opinions he found unacceptable. Likely you'd be right behind such legislation.

Why not try ignoring those comments which you judge to be nothing other than gratuitous insult, rather than tut-tutting like some purse-lipped school Ma'am?

Rob will have developed a thick skin by now, he's been on the receiving end of insults on this platform, and others, for years and likely nothing would surprise him. Goes with the territory.

Little point in your being offended on his behalf. 

Thanks for this. I will take your advice in your second paragraph in respect of your first.

Thick skin or not there is a boundary beyond which such comments do become unacceptable, be they directed at a politician or not ( politicians too are human)
I appreciate some people’s boundaries stretch further than others, maybe as a result of the environment in which they live where these sorts of crude insults are the norm.

Would you not condemn, say the vile insults directed at the black England footballers who failed to score their penalties in the recent Euro 2020 competition?

Or do you just shrug your shoulders and say they will have developed a thick skin having been on the receiving end of insults for years and nothing will surprise them? Goes with the territory of being  a black footballer. They should be used to it.

Should we not be offended on their behalf?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Added last sentence

11 hours ago, quilp said:

One assumes you'd enjoy having the power to exercise your censorious nature and silence those comments of which you disagree. Quayle recently opined, referencing the MR spat and ensuing debacle that he wished the laws could be extended and brought to bear against those who held views and opinions he found unacceptable. Likely you'd be right behind such legislation.

@quilpis right. That is the impression that is given whether intended or not. 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Should we not be offended on their behalf?

No, they can defend themselves quite adequately and have the tools and formats to do that. Those that do not have access to resources to defend themselves or refute comments or vies that are offensive or just incorrect - those we can speak up for. People experiencing the impact of mental illness for example.

29 minutes ago, Apple said:

No, they can defend themselves quite adequately and have the tools and formats to do that. Those that do not have access to resources to defend themselves or refute comments or vies that are offensive or just incorrect - those we can speak up for. People experiencing the impact of mental illness for example.

I never mentioned anything about defending against these such comments.

My point was that we can all find these comments offensive, even if we are not the subject of them

18 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

These two posts show explicitly the downside of social media. Rude, aggressive and totally unacceptable.

Good on you for seeking public office and doing what you think is best for the electorate, you will never get it right in everybody’s eyes, but such comments are totally out of order. 

I took that post as defending someone. If Mr Callister is offended, or indeed any politician, they can refute any criticisms or allegations themselves as they have the means. Some people do not. 

If the abuse is considered gratuitous then actions can be taken by others if the issue is raised with them.

• Like 1