Rob Callister

La Colombe

17 hours ago, Holte End said:

https://www.gov.im/media/1361845/isle-of-man-childrens-champion-terms-of-reference-2018-v3.pdf

I think Mr Callister has no understanding of the role, as he hasn't bothered to write a annual report in the last two years, Let alone understand the different types of vulnerability.

sorry but that simply isn’t true....

I was appointed  the Children’s Champion in June 2020 and my annual report was drafted and sent to the Chief Minister in accordance with Section 7 of the terms of reference on 9th July 2021 

26 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

I was appointed  the Children’s Champion in June 2020 and my annual report was drafted and sent to the Chief Minister in accordance with Section 7 of the terms of reference on 9th July 2021 

Surprised you got chance with how busy you've been. Between all that endless gruelling work as an MHK and those insightful, edge-of-the-seat blogs. Keep fighting the good fight Rob. 

3 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

Is the report published or laid before Tynwald? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hugh G Rection said:

Surprised you got chance with how busy you've been. Between all that endless gruelling work as an MHK and those insightful, edge-of-the-seat blogs. Keep fighting the good fight Rob. 

perhaps you should spend less time in the garden!!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

So sorry one report.

So it is Howard Quayles fault the report hasn't been published, it has taken him a month to read. Must be one hell of a report.

30 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Is that some sort of apology for spreading false information and impugning the integrity of an elected parliamentarian?

I think he deserves better

I didn't realise I was Impugning the integrity of an elected parliamentarian. I must be better at this than I thought.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 9:53 AM, Rob Callister said:

As a member of the House of Keys I am very concerned to hear of additional demand potentially being put on the food bank over the summer holidays. 

Although I am the Children’s Champion, this is outside that role, which is focused on children in care or where the government is the corporate parent. That is one of the reasons why I will be asking the next Chief Minister in October to appoint a Children’s Commissioner, which would be focussed on listening and giving all children on the Isle of Man a voice. 

In respect of the food bank, I really think we need to get some core data from Neal Mellon, in order to truly identify why people are approaching the food bank at certain parts of the year. 

Any individual constituent that contacts me directly I can try to help directly, but if there is a wider issue then we do need to understand the reason. 

Without knowing who you are but noting that you're involved in the Government and have a role in the care of children on the Isle of Man, can I suggest to you that the correct response here is 'This won't do, I'll get cracking on finding practical solutions to this worrying problem'. Anything else makes you sound like an typical mealy mouthed production line political drone in a suit.

To get you started I can help you with why there's a seasonal increase in people approaching your food bank(s) for help. The schools are shut for the summer, so your free school meal eligible children aren't getting their free school lunch, and that's putting their low income parents under even more financial pressure. Food banks are feeding them rather than have them go hungry after your Government declined to do so. There, you don't need to bother this Neal Mellon bloke. 

I'll leave it to you to work out why there needs to be food banks on the Isle of Man in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Expat. said:

Without knowing who you are but noting that you're involved in the Government and have a role in the care of children on the Isle of Man, can I suggest to you that the correct response here is 'This won't do, I'll get cracking on finding practical solutions to this worrying problem'. Anything else makes you sound like an typical mealy mouthed production line political drone in a suit.

To get you started I can help you with why there's a seasonal increase in people approaching your food bank(s) for help. The schools are shut for the summer, so your free school meal eligible children aren't getting their free school lunch, and that's putting their low income parents under even more financial pressure. Food banks are feeding them rather than have them go hungry after your Government declined to do so. There, you don't need to bother this Neal Mellon bloke. 

I'll leave it to you to work out why there needs to be food banks on the Isle of Man in the first place.

A suit that was paid for by us no less!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

What did you report on in respect of islands vulnerable children ?