Rob Callister

La Colombe

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

His cheese on toast is from his wages his suit is not!

Is it not? I buy my suits  ( and my cheese on toast ) from my wages.

Maybe his terms and conditions say he is entitled to a suit (which effectively is part of his wages)

I’m intrigued. Is he shoplifting his suit from Marksies? Or is it sponsored by an organization or someone?

21 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Maybe his suit could be from the 7k that no receipts are required ?? Either way we pay 

That was actually the point that was being made.  At one time Callister tried to pretend that the 'expenses' were really for spending that he genuinely incurred in his job as an MHK and produced lists to 'prove' it.  When examined, not only did they come nowhere near the total, but they were full of items like shirts and suits, which most people have to pay for out of their own pockets when they are seen as suitable for work.  People were not impressed.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

That was actually the point that was being made.  At one time Callister tried to pretend that the 'expenses' were really for spending that he genuinely incurred in his job as an MHK and produced lists to 'prove' it.  When examined, not only did they come nowhere near the total, but they were full of items like shirts and suits, which most people have to pay for out of their own pockets when they are seen as suitable for work.  People were not impressed.

I see. Thanks for the explanation 

50 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I see. Thanks for the explanation 

959237809_ScreenShot2021-08-07at09_29_12.png.12b820adc5e4aa22d2508221811b5ddc.png

I love that Professional fees & Memerships were paid by his expenses.

He never put miscellaneous, he could have made it up to the full expenses, I see these accountancy courses weren't wasted.

Amazing stuff.

The new clothing was surely not essential, as suggested by others above. (He clearly has expensive tastes!)

He needs to gen up a bit better on what is allowable in the way of expenses, or he might get done for tax. There are lots of internet sites that will help.

UK Rules (IOM will be similar) in relation to clothing can be found easily, and some sources are easy to read and understand. Try this one for example.

11 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Amazing stuff.

The new clothing was surely not essential, as suggested by others above. (He clearly has expensive tastes!)

He needs to gen up a bit better on what is allowable in the way of expenses, or he might get done for tax. There are lots of internet sites that will help.

UK Rules (IOM will be similar) in relation to clothing can be found easily, and some sources are easy to read and understand. Try this one for example.

Except it was a non taxable non specific lump sum for expenses that is now withdrawn. Only an idiot would have tried to lump in and list things.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Point taken.

A bit idiotic handing out a large lump sum with complete freedom to use it on whatever took the recipient's fancy, too! 

I can't say I'm impressed if that's what my taxes are paying for.

It was a scam from about 20 years ago when they wanted a payrise, but didn't want to be seen getting a payrise.  It's kept on getting upgraded at the same rate as the rest of the salary ever since.  Callister was the only person stupid enough to pretend it was otherwise or at least stupid enough to think he could persuade anyone else otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

But in fairness he volunteered the breakdown as justification, whereas most MHK's just took the expenses as untaxed income. I think at least it's taxed now.

no MHK will be worse off because of the changes , you can be sure of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

But in fairness he volunteered the breakdown as justification, whereas most MHK's just took the expenses as untaxed income. I think at least it's taxed now.

In fairness what he volunteered was nonsensical. It was just a list of things he bought with his salary.