Rob Callister

La Colombe

12 minutes ago, finlo said:

Jeepers, getting covered in plaster while he works then getting jailed if he dare do so!

Finally! Thank you 

Then I have every sympathy with Teapot ( which I know doesn’t pay the bills)

The Government adopted a strategy to fight Covid, which along with most Governments in the world included lockdowns.

But to vent your anger on the IOM Government who have been working extra hard to deal with this pandemic, whilst understandable,is hardly fair.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Added a comma after “is”

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Finally! Thank you 

Then I have every sympathy with Teapot ( which I know doesn’t pay the bills)

The Government adopted a strategy to fight Covid, which along with most Governments in the world included lockdowns.

But to vent your anger on the IOM Government who have been working extra hard to deal with this pandemic, whilst understandable is hardly fair.

They were sat at home on full pay for the most part!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Does he think his mobile phone contract is an expense, why would he need  an extra phone aside from his personal phone that he had before being elected.

small donations, why is this expenses, it’s his choice 

professional fees.. what professional fees do you need to pay to be a mhk?

car parking, ffs I have seen it all now

ooh no wait, Christmas cards for his mates…as if he has that many

He won’t get back in and will take his 6 months pay for failing an interview.

blood boiling.

2 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Does he think his mobile phone contract is an expense, why would he need  an extra phone aside from his personal phone that he had before being elected.

small donations, why is this expenses, it’s his choice 

professional fees.. what professional fees do you need to pay to be a mhk?

car parking, ffs I have seen it all now

ooh no wait, Christmas cards for his mates…as if he has that many

He won’t get back in and will take his 6 months pay for failing an interview.

blood boiling.

HE is supplied with a mobile telephone and an answerphone  the charges are met by government  professional fees should be a private matter  and if justified claimed back on his income tax form ,on being elected he should have purchased a 3 piece morning suit for Tynwald meetings and formal occasions , you can buy the lot for less then £150  and will do for the 5 year term , the rest seems like creative accounting to me ! I am waiting to see his declaration of members interests for the 4 years before he comes knocking on my door , I hope we haven't been paying for all the Blog time as well 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Working

Lots were. Including considerable extra hours working.

Some were redeployed to other areas, including Statutory Body/Board Operations.

Plenty of others were sat at home on full pay and doing nothing.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

8 minutes ago, Omobono said:

HE is supplied with a mobile telephone and an answerphone  the charges are met by government  professional fees should be a private matter  and if justified claimed back on his income tax form ,on being elected he should have purchased a 3 piece morning suit for Tynwald meetings and formal occasions , you can buy the lot for less then £150  and will do for the 5 year term , the rest seems like creative accounting to me ! I am waiting to see his declaration of members interests for the 4 years before he comes knocking on my door , I hope we haven't been paying for all the Blog time as well 

"Creative Accounting"....

Well he did use to work for the Louis Group and has given them a glowing testimonial in the past if my memory serves me....?

30 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

"Creative Accounting"....

Well he did use to work for the Louis Group and has given them a glowing testimonial in the past if my memory serves me....?

The Louis group says it all he should be nowhere near any money at all.  I was a young and and inexperienced assistant when my boss met with the bosses of Louis group I was just there for experience and even I could see it wasn’t right 

I'll have you know that Rob is an internationally-recognised Snooker referee. Give him a break, takes balls to do that. He can at least chalk that one up.

Having deep pockets helps cushion the burden...

Edited by quilp
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'll have you know that Rob is an internationally-recognised Snooker referee. Give him a break, takes balls to do that. He can at least chalk that one up.

And when results come in on 23rd September…

47 minutes ago, quilp said:

If by international you mean Ronague, Grenaby and Ballawillykilley

• Haha 1

Rob Callister is now entering into a spat with Bernie Moffat of the Celtic League. He has posted a reposte to the Celtic League. He says in his reply that he arranged a meeting with Housing Matters regarding 170 ‘homeless’ people still on the books of the charity, which they are having difficulties with finding accommodation. If anyone cares to listen to the interview on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece all 3 mins of it, these people are homeless due to various issues, such as eviction and rent arrears. I would be inclined to guess that antisocial behaviour and drugs are also playing a part. It’s also a fact that some landlords are getting out and putting their property up for sale, thereby giving notice to their tenants. Some are selling up because of government political interference, and also the result of the Landlord’s Bill. 

I don’t know what Rob Callister hopes to achieve with meetings? What’s he going to do, buy a building to convert into flats, to house the ‘vulnerable’? As I have said before, there are many deserving poor, but this is outstripped by the undeserving poor, who are only interested in drink, drugs and don’t want to work.