Rob Callister

La Colombe

9 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Always fascinates me how Callister has taken so much flack. 

Is it because he puts his head above the parapet? 

There are useless dossers like Peaks, Perkins and Corlett (among others) but they never seem to draw the same ire. 

Is it a special talent Callister has?

They have the ability to keep their gobs shut!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

There are useless dossers like Peaks, Perkins and Corlett (among others) but they never seem to draw the same ire. 

Ann Corlett has contributed more in the last year.  

12 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

I suspect it is because he does more than the others referred to and thus attracts more attention, and has a larger profile.

He engages more with his electorate and the larger public and so is more of a target for any perceived failings.

That said those who appreciate his efforts are more likely to sing his praises than for the others.

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I suspect it is because he does more than the others referred to and thus attracts more attention, and has a larger profile.

He engages more with his electorate and the larger public and so is more of a target for any perceived failings.

That said those who appreciate his efforts are more likely to sing his praises than for the others.

18 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

If I were to praise someone and say they were a good guy/guyess I would feel it incumbent on me to outline the circumstances which led me to that conclusion. ( The action they took, how they acted for me etc, whilst respecting any confidences etc).

So where is your evidence for these conclusions, Have you actually check his record for achievements in Tynwald or as a member of a Department for the last five years, that is the real reason he is targeted for failings.  All I have to say is Fairy Houses, The most Mr Callister has said in Tynwald is Hear, Hear and if you don't believe me read Hansard. The list is endless, he hasn't brought one of his own motions to Tynwald in Five Years, Unlike the other people attacked on here Peakins, Peak and Corlett.        Writing a Blog saying, I work hard isn't actual evidence of working hard. The truth is out there, you just have to look. Also deleting threads like the DOI road tax on his own site on facebook, Just about sums it all up. Why hasn't he posted what he wrote to Tynwald members about the tree felling.  These are the real reasons people target him, not because he engages with the public more. And if you want a list, I will start working on it, but it will take a while.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1

Mr Peake has done a tremendous amount of work for people who have experienced mental illness / problems. He does it quietly and without blowing his own trumpet.

His very close involvement and ongoing support with Quing, especially now Graham Clucas got a new role in the UK, is admirable and much more than just waffling about the issue in Tynwald as some do (read last sitting of Hansard on Suicide report).

I hope he gets returned September. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Holte End said:

So where is your evidence for these conclusions, Have you actually check his record for achievements in Tynwald or as a member of a Department for the last five years, that is the real reason he is targeted for failings.  All I have to say is Fairy Houses, The most Mr Callister has said in Tynwald is Hear, Hear and if you don't believe me read Hansard. The list is endless, he hasn't brought one of his own motions to Tynwald in Five Years, Unlike the other people attacked on here Peakins, Peak and Corlett.        Writing a Blog saying, I work hard isn't actual evidence of working hard. The truth is out there, you just have to look. Also deleting threads like the DOI road tax on his own site on facebook, Just about sums it all up. Why hasn't he posted what he wrote to Tynwald members about the tree felling.  These are the real reasons people target him, not because he engages with the public more. And if you want a list, I will start working on it, but it will take a while.

That won’t be necessary thank you 

9 hours ago, Anyone said:

Thing about Rob is he likes bandwagons and he likes to grandstand. Working behind the scenes to good effect is not his style. But he’s not the first MHK to be like that and I doubt he’ll be the last.

must be an onchan thing

2 hours ago, WTF said:

must be an onchan thing

He fell in my estimation when he (allegedly) turned his back on some very serious culture issues in the DHSC and backed the then CEO instead of the then minister who was taking action to change the toxic culture prevailing in the DHSC and Noble's at the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

He fell in my estimation when he (allegedly) turned his back on some very serious culture issues in the DHSC and backed the then CEO instead of the then minister who was taking action to change the toxic culture prevailing in the DHSC and Noble's at the time.

Ahhh well , percentages ! Minster is not there for ever while Civil servants are bullet proof and have a job for life . 

• Thanks 1