Rob Callister

La Colombe

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I wonder how many trili millions have been allocated to build a new Grandstand? Judging by every other capital project it will be handed to a mate of Government and will be over budget. It’s going to be hilarious when the new TT scoreboard is finally erected ……………. that’s if it’s actually done for next year? Both in terms of looks and costs. It seems as though every wannabe MHK has a wish list, and if they are elected, they start building an ever bulging wishlists, both for their constituentcy and their department respsonsibilies.  

There is not a chance in hell of any new scoreboard being in place for TT 2022 . And what about the debacle of the Bridge just below the start line !! Expensive plans and designs , take the old one way but find the DC wont let them fell trees in the cemetery so its been shelved . More waste because of incompetence again.     

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Maybe I am out of touch with reality so I apologise if the answer to the question is obvious but why do we need to spend x amount of millions on a grandstand that will be used for 4 weeks a year?

We probably dont but Skelly was on a ego trip and reckoned we needed a new corporate area and slipped in that the current Grandstand was not up to health and safety standards ! . Like the bridge no such think as repairing the rusted , due to zero maintenance , parts of the bridge. I'm pretty positive that the existing  grandstand could be upgraded for little outlay .  Unless of course DOI get involved .  

Edited by Numbnuts

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Maybe I am out of touch with reality so I apologise if the answer to the question is obvious but why do we need to spend x amount of millions on a grandstand that will be used for 4 weeks a year?

'Cos it'll pay for itself literally within the first year? 

34 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

We probably dont but Skelly was on a ego trip and reckoned we needed a new corporate area and slipped in that the current Grandstand was not up to health and safety standards ! . Like the bridge no such think as repairing the rusted , due to zero maintenance , parts of the bridge. I'm pretty positive that the existing  grandstand could be upgraded for little outlay .  Unless of course DOI get involved .  

DOI already manage the property and obviously don’t keep it maintained. 

1 minute ago, buncha wankas said:

Does VIP tent actually make money? Always looks dead as does the spectator area in race time.

Looks dead?

How's that then?

How does an inanimate object look DEAD?

Did you check for vital signs?

20 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

DOI already manage the property and obviously don’t keep it maintained. 

Sorry didnt make it clear. If DOI got involved with the new build. Yes I know they are supposed to maintain the grandstand and the now removed Bridge which they clearly hadn't been doing . That department are just a disgrace !  

Edited by Numbnuts

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

'Cos it'll save building a new temporary one every 6 months?

FuKU the TT

The grandstand is about the most boring place to watch the time trial that is the TT in any event.

There is ZERO justifiability to building a new one when we need health care money and when the TT is just a death fest.

Its only a matter of time until it is  finished due to uninsurable consequences. 

That is the problem and this is the solution if they open their eyes...........

Look for more sustainable tourist attractions, there is a whole new market out there post Covid that don't want to go far.

This could be like the 50s and 60s again, tourist number wise, if they got rid of the bikes and made the island more friendly to the British middle classes who think bikers are the scum of the earth (myself included) and which the island is associated with encouraging.

There are far more middle class British than bikers, millions more, in the surrounding countries, just think about that for a moment.

Edited by Boris Johnson

29 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

The VIP tent has a lot of similarities to our glorious leader HQ.

Looks pretty alive on the outside.

Absolutely dead on the inside and no sign of intelligent life anywhere.

The "VIP" tent on Glencrutchery Rd is a joke, the people who use it are neither VIPs or is the tent a high class area worthy of calling itself such.

You need Michelin star type food and drinks for a start, what do we have? A few patio chairs and something Doris made the night before.............

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Does VIP tent actually make money? Always looks dead as does the spectator area in race time.

Most of the VIP visitors to the tent are from IOMG itself. It's just another excuse for Cyril's Servants to have a couple of afternoons off to get pissed at somebody else's expense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1