Rob Callister

La Colombe

32 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

Looks dead?

How's that then?

How does an inanimate object look DEAD?

Did you check for vital signs?

No brain cells in there during races or arses on seats in VIP.

dead as a dodo. 
 Let’s be seeing some figures of throughput, bar takings staff over heads and civil servant hours for tent, that sits there for 4 or 5 months of the year to service 4 weeks or in reality 2 weeks racing.

☠️ DEAD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Government is not going to care about that though . And Place in the Park is leased from DC surely ? No love lost there ! 

Still a local business that invests all year. 
Seems DoE just picked a new build as new build means that it hides the lack of 10 year maintenance budget not managed properly and causing depreciation.  Non allocation of minor capital budget.

sweep it under carpet with a capital bid.   Pat on back.  Shake of 🙌 hands.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Still a local business that invests all year. 
Seems DoE just picked a new build as new build means that it hides the lack of 10 year maintenance budget not managed properly and causing depreciation.  Non allocation of minor capital budget.

sweep it under carpet with a capital bid.   Pat on back.  Shake of 🙌 hands.

The IOM public service, Gov and Local employed, don't seem to realise that they are there because of private enterprise and the taxes the private enterprises' employees pay.

I know it is driven by the really dodgy VAT rebate which seems to have crept up to previous, pre 2008 levels, but still, they need to stop going onto competition with private enterprise.

I have said it before and I will say it again, WTAF are the gov doing building and selling garden sheds for????????

Just the tip of the iceberg. I have a couple of personal experiences of gov competition to private enterprise that range from stopping the registration of a company name until it was checked that they did not want it themselves.

Investing thousands of pounds in a service to see them buying the same kit and doing the same service for uneconomical rates or even "lending" the kit.................

P.S. If I were a Taxi driver I would be camped on Prospect hill on hunger strike, that's another shocking piss take that they should not be going near.

Edited by Boris Johnson

5 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

The IOM public service, Gov and Local employed, don't seem to realise that they are there because of private enterprise and the taxes the private enterprises' employees pay.

I know it is driven by the really dodgy VAT rebate which seems to have crept up to previous, pre 2008 levels, but still, they need to stop going onto competition with private enterprise.

I have said it before and I will say it again, WTAF are the gov doing building and selling garden sheds for????????

Just the tip of the iceberg. I have a couple of personal experiences of gov competition to private enterprise that range from stopping the registration of a company name until it was checked that they did not want it themselves.

Investing thousands of pounds in a service to see them buying the same kit and doing the same service for uneconomical rates or even "lending" the kit.................

P.S. If I were a Taxi driver I would be camped on Prospect hill on hunger strike, that's another shocking piss take that they should not be going near.

Part of the demise of strand street  and Douglas a a whole ,has been the gradual movement of the bars ,foodstuffs  biker gear ,and just about everything  else the government could charge , a pitch fee for , up to the grandstand , they even provided entertainment there  to draw the crowds ,  gone are the days when  there were biker  bands playing on the Villa balcony ,and every pub in Douglas was chock full of TT fans ,and everyone had an Indian ,Chinese   Burger  or fish and chip supper ,before going off to bed , the after the races  Douglas  had atmosphere,   Bushy's    was brilliant  then   ,and now sadly   its now all skimmed off as a cash cow for government , I dont think the VIP suite has ever made money  and now government has purchased the big tented structure that  will be lying somewhere gathering mould , I wouldn't mind if another use could be found for it to support other events , if we ever have any  , but its current value  to IOM PLC   would not stand scrutiny  O'h and guess who the MHK  is responsible for motorsport , enough  said 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Maybe I am out of touch with reality so I apologise if the answer to the question is obvious but why do we need to spend x amount of millions on a grandstand that will be used for 4 weeks a year?

Indeed,a couple of old double deckers would do the job!

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

I don’t think the VIP suite has ever made money 

With respect,  thinking the VIP suite has ever made money is a whole lot different from knowing it has never made money.

I tried to book it a couple of times but it was sold out.

No doubt someone is going  come on and say that is because all the tickets were given free to Government cronies.

38 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Interesting, what is the capacity of the tent and spectator area? How much are the tickets? And what is overhead cost?   

Just shy of forty quid and I'd bet plenty get in with no ticket rendering those Foi figures useless.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, finlo said:

Just shy of forty quid and I'd bet plenty get in with no ticket rendering those Foi figures useless.

Seems a quarter of tickets can’t be counted as income, but basing a 200 average @ 40 quid that gives TT income 48k ish minus rental, overheads, security staff how the hell is that worthy of capital project investment.  

• Like 1