Rob Callister

La Colombe

5 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Ok I’m confused then. I bought the Manx Indy before and the Post Office contingency plans are explained in there. So I assumed the question had been answered. So why is he asking a question in Tynwald when he could just read the paper? 

The Chairman of the Post Office is his fellow constituency MHK and seemingly his arch nemesis Julie Edge. It is a bit like the time he asked about how much a 100g letter cost to send to various places in Europe because she had said in Tynwald that the Isle of Man Post Office had the cheapest postage in Europe rather than one of the cheapest. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

The Chairman of the Post Office is his fellow constituency MHK and seemingly his arch nemesis Julie Edge. It is a bit like the time he asked about how much a 100g letter cost to send to various places in Europe because she had said in Tynwald that the Isle of Man Post Office had the cheapest postage in Europe rather than one of the cheapest. 

Ok thanks I thought it was odd as there’s half a page in the Manx Indy explaining what the contingency plans are so I assumed the question had already been answered. Maybe he’s trying to save himself £1 by asking a question in Tynwald rather than buying a paper. Yes pathetic pointscoring I’m sure. 

Oh dear ...

Personal Statement - Rob Callister, MHK (Onchan)

On the Manx Radio Mandate Programme which went out live at 7.30am on Thursday 13th December 2018, the Chairman of the Post Office Julie Edge, MHK made a statement which gave the impression to the listening audience that I have either suggested or supported the introduction of a three-day postal service on the Isle of Man. 

I am not entirely sure where that suggestion has come from and I wish to categorically refute that statement made by the Chairman of the Post Office this morning, along with giving reassurance to Postal Workers on the Isle of Man that I am not aware of any discussions around a three-day postal service.

I remain hopeful that the Chairman will correct that statement at her earliest opportunity.....

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME I WANT SOME ATTENTION

Boring Rob, grow up.

He's actually correct this time. If Ms Edge is trying to implicate him in something then why shouldn't he make a statement

Is he correct? Did you listen to mandate? I didn't, so don't know what was said, but it wouldn't be a surprise if "gave an impression" meant to him, and only him. He seems to strongly dislike Ms Edge, and gleefully takes any opportunity to attempt to put one over on her. Hence his amazing 'how much does it cost to send a letter' Tynwald question, which turned out to be some childish attempt at making her look bad rather than any attempt to do anything useful. It is entirely possible that Ms Edge deserves his scorn, I don't know, but blustering 'Public Statements' like this one plastered all over facebook is how I imagine the modern day schoolyard to work.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

He's actually correct this time. If Ms Edge is trying to implicate him in something then why shouldn't he make a statement

It can be done in a tweet

"The Post Office Chair is misinformed I didn't suggest a three day delivery service." 

not in a Personal Statement 

15 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Is he correct? Did you listen to mandate? I didn't, so don't know what was said, but it wouldn't be a surprise if "gave an impression" meant to him, and only him. He seems to strongly dislike Ms Edge, and gleefully takes any opportunity to attempt to put one over on her. Hence his amazing 'how much does it cost to send a letter' Tynwald question, which turned out to be some childish attempt at making her look bad rather than any attempt to do anything useful. It is entirely possible that Ms Edge deserves his scorn, I don't know, but blustering 'Public Statements' like this one plastered all over facebook is how I imagine the modern day schoolyard to work.

So if you didn't listen to mandate why make your original comment?

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

It can be done in a tweet

"The Post Office Chair is misinformed I didn't suggest a three day delivery service." 

not in a Personal Statement 

I'm guessing a personal statement reached a lot more people than a tweet

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Can't you go back on your break? The place was much nicer for a week or two without having to deal with stupid questions like this from you.

Why not just answer the question? No need to fall back to insults