Rob Callister

La Colombe

9 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

Seems a quarter of tickets can’t be counted as income, but basing a 200 average @ 40 quid that gives TT income 48k ish minus rental, overheads, security staff how the hell is that worthy of capital project investment.  

Guess in the minds of some CS higher echelon  if it doesnt make a massive loss ,as usual , its a resounding success . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Guess in the minds of some CS higher echelon  if it doesnt make a massive loss ,as usual , its a resounding success . 

Whenever you come across one of there civil service 'commercial' ventures, they only ever quote and justify them with the total income as if costs somehow don't need to be taken off, even immediate costs, never mind the capital and set-up ones.  I can never decide if this is stupidity or dishonesty, I suppose the main aim is to fool the politicians who like to point to a 'success' even though everyone else can see it is nothing of the kind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Whenever you come across one of there civil service 'commercial' ventures, they only ever quote and justify them with the total income as if costs somehow don't need to be taken off, even immediate costs, never mind the capital and set-up ones.  I can never decide if this is stupidity or dishonesty, I suppose the main aim is to fool the politicians who like to point to a 'success' even though everyone else can see it is nothing of the kind.

Which is why Government should not get involved in commercial ventures ever!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Bit like the private patients at nobles, what a complete farce. It’s been shut down for years losing money and causing pain to potential patients. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am an Onchan voter, and I have read Rob's manifesto.

Considering that it is such a weighty tome, one thing that struck me was that I could not find a single word about the dreadful mismanagement of major capital projects by the DoI, and consequent waste of public money, the need for much improved governance, accountabilty and transparency, and the overhaul of the senior ranks of the CS. 

I know that Rob has been a Member of the DoI for the last year or so, but this is no reason to ignore this significant issue.

Just saying.......

• Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Considering that it is such a weighty tome, one thing that struck me was that I could not find a single word about the dreadful mismanagement of major capital projects by the DoI, and consequent waste of public money, the need for much improved governance, accountabilty and transparency, and the overhaul of the senior ranks of the CS. 

I know that Rob has been a Member of the DoI for the last year or so, but this is no reason to ignore this significant issue.

Just saying.......

The fact he has been a member of DOI means that he should, absolutely, refer to it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

But he wont as he has illusions of grandeur so dont hold your breath. He's so gone down in my estimations over this Government . 

With luck he will be made the next Minister of Infrastructure! Paul Moulton will have a field day. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, 2112 said:

With luck he will be made the next Minister of Infrastructure! Paul Moulton will have a field day. 

No David Ashford should be given DOI, with all his knowledge of everything, he would make the perfect candidate. He will get in for Douglas north, the voters up that way think he has singlehandedly saved the Island from Covid and is the font of all knowledge, do you remember his predecessor, he reigned for 20 years until he forgot to pay for his pension!

On 9/15/2021 at 10:52 AM, Nellie said:

Just saying.......

You'll be hard-pressed to find any mention of failure in any manifestos.

The fact that most of the public would need an Andrex roll to write them all down doesn't matter...

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Indeed Rob Callister gets around, quite the prominent member. In fact if you were to draw a line from his forehead to his crown...

A fully paid up member of the Manx Establishment. The Great and the Good. No doubt he will be the next Chief Minister - a compromise figure, like Quayle, as nobody like either Cannan or Allinson.

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

A fully paid up member of the Manx Establishment. The Great and the Good. No doubt he will be the next Chief Minister - a compromise figure, like Quayle, as nobody like either Cannan or Allinson.

Never, ever make jokes like that again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1