Rob Callister

La Colombe

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

I thought the TT scoreboard was getting pride of place, the star exhibit at the Manx Museum new TT Gallery. Still come next year, the TT may be extinct.

Yes, sections of the scoreboard will be one of the exhibits in the new TT Gallery at the Manx Museum.

31 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Yes, sections of the scoreboard will be one of the exhibits in the new TT Gallery at the Manx Museum.

So it’s been cut up into pieces. Perhaps it can be reconstructed again. Otherwise a new scoreboard will have to be made, and if there is no TT next year then it is a misuse of taxpayers funds. However, judging by IOMG record at anything which involves budgeting control on any project, low and high level, I anticipate this project to be of such great magnitude and magnificence, and being overbudget to boot. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

So it’s been cut up into pieces. Perhaps it can be reconstructed again. Otherwise a new scoreboard will have to be made, and if there is no TT next year then it is a misuse of taxpayers funds. However, judging by IOMG record at anything which involves budgeting control on any project, low and high level, I anticipate this project to be of such great magnitude and magnificence, and being overbudget to boot. 

I'm pretty sure they only kept a couple of bits. Someone will know i'm sure .

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

The aspects and major points of the required "stronger business case" will be interesting to read, if they're ever made public of course.

Creation of such numbers has always been a DfE forté. But let's see if anybody can better Laurence's efforts.

I reckon they are good at business cases..... let's be honest, anyone that can sell a project at 3 million (tin shed Liverpool) as a sound business case, and then continue to convince it as such at 60 million, must be something of an expert at business cases surely ?!

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

It looked that way to me the bits I saw, blokes in civvies putting out cones and barriers in the road, not a yellow hi viz in sight, really amateur. 

I would have thought the quality of a man's work would be of greater importance than the colour of his clothing. 

Many of the worst cowboys I've ever met wear high viz like a uniform and have every industry and government accreditation going.

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover. 

37 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I'm pretty sure they only kept a couple of bits. Someone will know i'm sure .

Where is the rest? On the Bonfire? Waiting to be sold?

Another classic IOMG screwball comedy production. 

My money is on TT2022 being cancelled, due to the poor conditions of the roads.

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

I was skeptical before today but I’m now buying a possible no TT in 2022 for a number of reasons but this today has tipped my view. How are they going to sell that to the hoteliers and hospitality businesses who are already watching their businesses go down the toilet? 

Pass.

There are some decent politicos who will make an effort, but I’m afraid the Starship Enterprise and it’s crew have been poor for the island. Skelly jumped ship before he was dumped. Rob Callister I’m afraid is  just full of hot air. His comment about watching 2 stages of the rally amused me. Must have gone past his home. He should have been involved as he is still the department member, or has he given that up, awaiting to be appointed into a Ministerial role.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I was skeptical before today but I’m now buying a possible no TT in 2022 for a number of reasons but this today has tipped my view. How are they going to sell that to the hoteliers and hospitality businesses who are already watching their businesses go down the toilet? 

I have a great friend with a couple of businesses on the prom and its cleaned him out. He's kept going and hopefully will be able to get through but with no TT next year he's not I'd say. He's already sold is main asset so nothing left to fall back on. I really feel for him and yet all around him money is getting pissed up against walls and wasted on none productive management in CS . God knows how he sleeps at night when theres the likes of the Liverpool landing stage , Prom and umpteen other fuck ups . Yet he has to find money to pay his loyal staff . He's a really good guy !!  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

So you agree with a historic TT icon being totally destroyed when there was no plan or budget in place to even replace it? Maybe we should do the grandstand next. Knock it down first and then find we don’t have the budget in place to build another as well? 

It’s only £16. Bargain.

47CAE22A-7E70-4549-8207-C2B9AC153644.png