Rob Callister

La Colombe

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I have a great friend with a couple of businesses on the prom and its cleaned him out. He's kept going and hopefully will be able to get through but with no TT next year he's not I'd say. He's already sold is main asset so nothing left to fall back on. I really feel for him and yet all around him money is getting pissed up against walls and wasted on none productive management in CS . God knows how he sleeps at night when theres the likes of the Liverpool landing stage , Prom and umpteen other fuck ups . Yet he has to find money to pay his loyal staff . He's a really good guy !!  

And yet Sefton got bailed out when they didn’t want to sell their assets in difficult time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

I was talking today with a TT and FOM Marshall and enthusiast, I believe that there was a clock on the scoreboard, apparently donated by the family of Stanley Woods. I hope that IOMG haven’t disgarded a piece of history?

Will be hanging in Paul Phillips hall so he can reminisce his non racing days and how Cretney plucked him from Bank teller job and escalated him into top job. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I don’t really understand how people keep it under wraps. If I’d have been that badly affected financially I’d have already punched out Tim Baker and Jeff Robinson and been on the front page of the Courier. I really don’t understand how they’ve had such an easy ride from the people whose lives they have literally destroyed. 

I've questioned him many times as sure as eggs are eggs they would at least got ripped into big time by me. He's quite pragmatic though and he's probably right as to would it have got him anywhere . Better man than me as I would def confronted them full on. Probably given one of them a good slap too . Got previous for just that. Hate incompetence and wrong doing . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Pass.

There are some decent politicos who will make an effort, but I’m afraid the Starship Enterprise and it’s crew have been poor for the island. Skelly jumped ship before he was dumped. Rob Callister I’m afraid is  just full of hot air. His comment about watching 2 stages of the rally amused me. Must have gone past his home. He should have been involved as he is still the department member, or has he given that up, awaiting to be appointed into a Ministerial role.

I don't think you are wrong. Out of East Baldwin through Abbeylands along scollag Road and back again 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I don’t really understand how people keep it under wraps. If I’d have been that badly affected financially I’d have already punched out Tim Baker and Jeff Robinson and been on the front page of the Courier. I really don’t understand how they’ve had such an easy ride from the people whose lives they have literally destroyed. 

The Courier? Aim high, you need to be on the front page of the Examiner or Manx Independent.

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

I'm pretty sure they only kept a couple of bits. Someone will know i'm sure .

They missed a trick there then, they could have sold small sections of it on Ebay as TT memorabilia. Every little helps as they say.

45 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

And yet the public had to vote  RC back in as no decent candidate stepped up.   Onchan are stuck with an idiot representing Onchan mentality.  Getting what they deserve. 

Not only was he elected. He was elected with the highest number of votes and more than Ms Edge. 

Onchan matters more than Island needs? Who knows. 

12 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

Not only was he elected. He was elected with the highest number of votes and more than Ms Edge. 

Yet if he stood in nearly any of the other 11 constituencies, possible exception  of Peel and Rushen, he would have been elected. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

17 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

They didn’t have anyone decent to vote for.  They voted for a bloke who got paid to b3 children’s champion but didn’t actually understand the role, he will ride the gravy train and Onchan will keep joining with Douglas until it disappears. 

The scoreboard was the hot topic on the Mannin Line today and also been discussed a lot on Facebook.   If the Treasury did not ok the proposed score board you can bet it was all dancing, all singing and very very expensive and they thought it was another vanity project that really only gets to be used about four weeks a year and the business plan they asked for was probably there way of saying….come on fellas get real the board has to be paid for but a realistic model and cost.   Also when this first proposal was made the 2022 TT was not certain and although they are aiming to hold it I think there are a few hoops to get through.