Rob Callister

La Colombe

Rob Callister has been all over Facebook especially IOMNP making public pronouncements, electricity prices are going up. That was obvious it would happen. My concern is his use of social media as a megaphone for his announcements, in his official capacity. 

Shouldn’t he set make the proposal, and then Tynpotwald discuss (rubber stamp) it and then vote? Be prepared for more gnashing of teeth, and handwringing especially from the ‘poor committee’ who say one thing but will vote yes for it.

22 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The post was praising the emergency services who were called out and dealt with the problem.

The emergency services were making clear to the community it was unsafe to be out and about we have an MHK failing to adhere to the advice forcing the services to attend an incident which any sensible person should and could have avoided.

9 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It appears that the term the Peoples Prince has now entered public parlance. 

E0293C58-E756-4BF7-BF43-F3EE1816131E.jpeg

I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but did you hear Rob say that he believes renewable technology is 10-15 years away?  Did he mean 10-15 miles offshore?

31 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but did you hear Rob say that he believes renewable technology is 10-15 years away?  Did he mean 10-15 miles offshore?

It'll be a lot longer away if they don't start putting some in place now.

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
  • Like 2

I actually feel sorry for Rob. He's out of his depth but trying very hard not to be. Admirable if nothing else. His efforts on facebook to keep his name out there with the numerous information posts hes posting out is okay but not earth shattering. Very mundane stuff with no great significance . That sadly sums him up. Nice enough guy but ..... 

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Quicker than expected whilst the Island awaits news fearing the worst The Peoples Prince is bragging about meeting a car mechanic- give him one choice he’d still get it wrong…..

The amount of times he's mentioned a certain car/bike brand you'd think he was getting paid commission 

• Like 1