Rob Callister

La Colombe

7 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

With astonishing deafness for the second time in 3 days “The Peoples Prince” posts a look at meeeeeeeeee photo opportunity after a red flag and before any official announcements - he met Eddie Jordan so that’s alright.

What a fucking naive grandstanding cock 

I am positive he keeps up to date with this forum as often he will 'pop' in immediately his name is mentioned. As you say its mind blowing that he repeated his lauding of a 'celebrity' again so soon in between red flag and announcement . Does he not realise the significance of a red flag and the respect you give it. Once is a mistake , twice is unforgivable. Again he could have posted the picture a day later !  

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I am positive he keeps up to date with this forum as often he will 'pop' in immediately his name is mentioned. As you say its mind blowing that he repeated his lauding of a 'celebrity' again so soon in between red flag and announcement . Does he not realise the significance of a red flag and the respect you give it. Once is a mistake , twice is unforgivable. Again he could have posted the picture a day later !  

his trousers are probably still stained from when he met HRH Prince William.

On 6/5/2022 at 3:00 AM, Anyone said:

I like him , he is clearly a political giant in the same frame as Ashworth and that Winston Churchill chap. 

Another Walter Mitty, spending his TT pretending to be important.  

How many mhks and civil servants have their noses in the trough in the VIP tent this year? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Another Walter Mitty, spending his TT pretending to be important.  

How many mhks and civil servants have their noses in the trough in the VIP tent this year? 

As I have said elsewhere some might be well advised to cleanse their social media feed. Being seen grinning like a Cheshire Cat up at the Grandstand on Twitter only 2 hours after a literal bloodbath occurring just a mile away (which as head of Motorsport you must have been well aware of) makes you look like the very worst sort of publicity whoring person.

Edited by Newsdesk
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

As I have said elsewhere some might be well advised to cleanse their social media feed. Being seen grinning like a Cheshire Cat up at the Grandstand on Twitter only 2 hours after a literal bloodbath occurring just a mile away (which as head of Motorsport you must have been well aware of) makes you look like the very worst sort of publicity whoring person.

He is politically opportunistic, but he hasn’t got the nous or the killer instinct to make it, and that is probably why CM Cannan won’t make him a Minister.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Similar numbers to the 2017 FOI request I would imagine

image.png.b129cbc365f36b8bd03d7f9b0fe25a1d.png

Thanks.  I find it hard to believe that no government staff received free passes, my bridge friend saw quite a few in VIP who she knows from her time in government.  Hard to believe they paid for their passes.  

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

He is politically opportunistic, but he hasn’t got the nous or the killer instinct to make it, and that is probably why CM Cannan won’t make him a Minister.

It’s not even being politically opportunistic. This is the best job he has ever had looking at his online CV. He seems to have spent 25 years being largely unemployable and swapping jobs every few years and has now hit it big. It’s all pure showmanship about being some sort of proper person at last. But I believe the atmosphere at the grandstand that afternoon was very subdued. Even the average punter must have guessed that it was a fatality within the hour. As head of motorsport sitting over the event he must have been well aware that it was a literal bloodbath by the time he uploaded that picture. I’d suggest that serious questions should be asked about his suitability for even a non Ministerial post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Thanks.  I find it hard to believe that no government staff received free passes, my bridge friend saw quite a few in VIP who she knows from her time in government.  Hard to believe they paid for their passes.  

What's so hard? Not every government employee is swamped with freebies...

24 minutes ago, Bandits said:

He’s just been on BBC news trying to put a positive spin on this. He really is totally out of his depth. 

Hope he said more than he does here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-61722041

Thousands of fans have arrived to be part of the event's return after a two-year hiatus, but the racing has also seen the deaths of three competitors.

Rob Callister MHK said while it was good to see visitors return, the event had its lows but "we get through them".

There will have been people drifting up to the Grandstand who had witnessed the crash. Can you imagine the UK culture minister at the Champions League Final posting a selfie with Michael Owen while the fans are getting teargassed outside.

• Like 1