Rob Callister

La Colombe

3 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I’d have been on the phone every 10 minutes demanding updates so I knew what was going on. 

I think there's a good case for politicians to keep out of the way in those situations and not be pestering.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

I think there's a good case for politicians to keep out of the way in those situations and not be pestering.

Not very good ones perhaps. The rumour mill was in overdrive at the Grandstand. Only an idiot would be doing nothing and firing selfies up onto social media. Or maybe he’s used to them telling him nothing? 

8 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Not very good ones perhaps. The rumour mill was in overdrive at the Grandstand. Only an idiot would be doing nothing and firing selfies up onto social media. Or maybe he’s used to them telling him nothing? 

Only a idiot... I rest my valise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I reckon that come Tynwald Day next Month there will be a Royal Visit, especially due to the Queens Platinum Jubilee. Can you imagine if this the case, our stupid politicos going into smarmy smugness and full of themselves. It will be like they have won the lottery. 

Yeah like that would happen.

Screenshot-2022-06-08-at-09-24-44.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ProudManx said:

When will snowflakes UNDERSTAND that people have a choice. No one is forced to ride here, they know the dangers. The choice is theirs and their families.

In recent years mire people have been killed walking on Scafell Pike.

The T.T. is a great spectacle that people have a choice to ride in, work for or watch 

Long may it continue

Did you just make that up?

10 hours ago, Manx17 said:

They are an embarrassment and short sighted. Every rider and sponsor should matter and here they are, like flys on shit because of an American with a bit of money. I bet they don’t know anything about the riders that died or even cared to find out about all riders that take part. The best thing that could happen, the next time they visit the grandstand . Is for someone to lock them up in the police station across the road. They don’t represent me on the news that’s for sure.

I seriously doubt anybody would wish to represent you...in anything

57 minutes ago, Declan said:

He was talking about over his tenure as motorsport figurehead. The four celebs Rob mentioned were - Amy Williams, Ronnie Rashford, Prince William and the Red Arrows. So no only one celeb.

I suppose over TT we've had Jessie J, Raggedy-Ass-Man, Bobby Gillespie, Justin Hawkins, Fatboy Slim and Bob Geldof. Who'd meet your criteria, though Hawkins and Gillespie are only stars in their world, there's probably motorcyclists familiar and admired by millions too.

Thanks, nearly choked on my tea...😂

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

there he is, the darling of Onchan. Unfortunately, he's now being exposed to the outside world - and that's dangerous - for us.

You gotta be joking! The darling of Onchan?

He's only in 'cos the options are so dire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

He's only in because he's involved with every aspect of Onchan life.  He spends his time dealing with local issues for local people.  That's how many like Rob get voted back in again.  It's not because he's a diplomatic statesperson representing us on the world stage, it's because he sorts out people's bins and hospital appointments.

Totally this . Its been proven that this works as shown by countless MHK's have gone down this route for 30 years or more. When your not very bright but desperate for the limelight and alleged importance the position brings its seemingly the way to go. 

• Like 1