Rob Callister

La Colombe

7 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Rob isn't most people.  Rob just doubles down at the first sign of criticism. Rob's just done it again..

I read the post on Isle of Man News and Politics about this. Is James Corrin now his friend again? Some of the comments there were quite funny in that people clearly hadn’t read this thread and thought that Manx Forums was blaming Callister for the accident which is what Corrin had suggested when clearly nobody has done that. The criticism is largely to do with him hogging the limelight on social media when less than a mile away a truly horrific event had not long happened. 

16 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

That is just lies though isn’t it? Is he trying to suggest that the person claiming political credit for running the TT didn’t know the red flag was a fatality when the guy literally died at the scene? Most people seem to have worked out why the racing was cancelled for the day and they weren’t taking credit for running the event they were just respectful fans. 

Why does he stand on front line and then sit in VIP if he hasn’t got a clue what is going on? 
Is TT buy a friend week for him? His media training public paid for must have covered self promotion.  

see that Callister is now bailing out the airlines when they won't provide accommodation for cancelled passengers. 

I'll remember that when I'm next stranded at Tenerife airport, I'll just ring the Spanish government and ask to lend me a few quid.

How deep are we in the red and he's spending like fckn Rockefeller

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Gizo said:

see that Callister is now bailing out the airlines when they won't provide accommodation for cancelled passengers. 

I'll remember that when I'm next stranded at Tenerife airport, I'll just ring the Spanish government and ask to lend me a few quid.

How deep are we in the red and he's spending like fckn Rockefeller

I read it more that the VisitIOM people are ringing round to find somewhere for people to stay when their flight is cancelled, rather than that the Department is paying for it. Given that finding people accommodation is part of their job anyway, this is just Callister claiming credit for what happens anyway.  Now that Lewin is back at DfE presumably they'll all end up at the Sefton.

In the end easyJet will be paying for the accommodation as they are legally obliged to do, and the passengers will claim it back from them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I read it more that the VisitIOM people are ringing round to find somewhere for people to stay when their flight is cancelled, rather than that the Department is paying for it. Given that finding people accommodation is part of their job anyway, this is just Callister claiming credit for what happens anyway.  Now that Lewin is back at DfE presumably they'll all end up at the Sefton.

In the end easyJet will be paying for the accommodation as they are legally obliged to do, and the passengers will claim it back from them.

According to this news article Easyjet say customers are receiving hotel accommodation

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/apology-for-easyjet-customers-after-airline-cancels-flights/

Edited by ellanvannin2010
shortened

On 6/8/2022 at 5:52 PM, Declan said:

Suspect James posted to prompt criticism of Rob. Then saw the way the wind was blowing and became critical of the thread. Either way he gets to fire pot shots at one of his bête noire.

I heard a rumour that Callister got a full on dressing down off Cannan for swanning around and uploading shots on social media as total carnage unfolded less than a mile away. They seem to be quite concerned about the potential adverse publicity that’s coming down the line in relation to the sidecar incident. It’s probably why he’s now trying to deflect blame onto places like this forum. 

Edited by Steady Eddie
  • Thanks 1

It wouldn't surprise me, it's not really Cannan's style to be flash.

That said where has Rob deflected blame onto the forum? As far as I can see he's replied to the Vader's post about this thread but is one of the few respondents to address the actual criticism of his selfie. Ok the response is bollocks, but it's straightforward bollocks and doesn't attack the forum, it just disagrees with the prevailing opinion in this thread. So where is this idea that he's blaming the forum come from?

34 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I heard a rumour that Callister got a full on dressing down off Cannan for swanning around and uploading shots on social media as total carnage unfolded less than a mile away. They seem to be quite concerned about the potential adverse publicity that’s coming down the line in relation to the sidecar incident. It’s probably why he’s now trying to deflect blame onto places like this forum. 

so this forum dictates government press releases now then ,  om my god it's all our fault they're fucking useless.

12 minutes ago, Declan said:

It wouldn't surprise me, it's not really Cannan's style to be flash.

That said where has Rob deflected blame onto the forum? As far as I can see he's replied to the Vader's post about this thread but is one of the few respondents to address the actual criticism of his selfie. Ok the response is bollocks, but it's straightforward bollocks and doesn't attack the forum, it just disagrees with the prevailing opinion in this thread. So where is this idea that he's blaming the forum come from?

You've been warned before about presenting correct facts to this forum - be off with you...:shuriken:

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Declan said:

Ok the response is bollocks, but it's straightforward bollocks and doesn't attack the forum, it just disagrees with the prevailing opinion in this thread. So where is this idea that he's blaming the forum come from?

His exact reply is here. As he seems to literally haunt this forum I’d suggest his claims that he hadn’t read the comments are also untrue. As is that as head of the department managing the event he didn’t know what the red flag was about. It’s nonsense. I was also referring to comments further up which claims that Corrin deliberately posted that in order to assist him and Callister in attacking this forum to deflect from his behaviour. 

D669AB3C-7850-4EEA-86CA-1C17E6E1E663.jpeg

Edited by Steady Eddie
Edited