Rob Callister

La Colombe

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Someone has just dropped me off a parcel of spring onions.  They're mighty, like leeks.

I could make the this now but I have no bread, cheese, mushrooms or Worcester sauce.

Wot, no Roquefort.....? 😂

13 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Someone has just dropped me off a parcel of spring onions.  They're mighty, like leeks.

I could make the this now but I have no bread, cheese, mushrooms or Worcester sauce.

Barbecue them. Like Calçots in Catalunya.

Grill/bbq until the outer layers are charred, then wrap in newspaper to self steam, eat after peeling off the charred skin with bare hands and dip the white portion romesco sauce. 

Romesco sauce. made from any mixture of roasted tomatoes and garlic, toasted almonds, pine nuts, and/or hazelnuts, olive oil and ñora peppers (capsicum annuum, a sun-dried, small, round variety of red bell pepper). Flour or stale breadcrumbs can be used as a thickener or to provide texture

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Barbecue them. Like Calçots in Catalunya.

Grill/bbq until the outer layers are charred, then wrap in newspaper to self steam, eat after peeling off the charred skin with bare hands and dip the white portion romesco sauce. 

Romesco sauce. made from any mixture of roasted tomatoes and garlic, toasted almonds, pine nuts, and/or hazelnuts, olive oil and ñora peppers (capsicum annuum, a sun-dried, small, round variety of red bell pepper). Flour or stale breadcrumbs can be used as a thickener or to provide texture

do you deliver?!

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Wasn't it Mr Callister who dropped the bollock of all bollocks by 'congratulating' Mr and Mrs Kneen after their son Dan had just been killed in the TT.  I mean, he didn't outright congratulate them on his death but somehow, in the same interview he managed it just the same.  The man is a walking time bomb - having him front of face in any department must be huge risk. Isn't there another department where the collateral damage might be slightly, less, damaging?

The whole handling of the accidents has been poor. It’s very clear that certain people have enjoyed swanning round the VIP areas like they own the place uploading selfies and making fatuous comments about how great it all is but actually when horrific accidents have occurred have said nothing. You would suspect they’re actually in charge of nothing. The man with alleged political responsibility for the TT says that he only gets to know about a death 15 mins before the announcement? Highly skeptical. Most people knew the red flag was a fatality very early on and I believe there was a fairly subdued air at the grandstand as people waited for news. But despite this Captain Calamity is wandering around the paddock sucking up to celebrity race team owners and uploading it to social media.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

. The man with alleged political responsibility for the TT says that he only gets to know about a death 15 mins before the announcement?

Rather highlights a lot that is wrong with IoM politics and CS that it’s micro managed to the extent of passing a media release to Callister, either for approval or advance info,  before releasing.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

The whole handling of the accidents has been poor. It’s very clear that certain people have enjoyed swanning round the VIP areas like they own the place uploading selfies and making fatuous comments about how great it all is but actually when horrific accidents have occurred have said nothing. You would suspect they’re actually in charge of nothing. The man with alleged political responsibility for the TT says that he only gets to know about a death 15 mins before the announcement? Highly skeptical. Most people knew the red flag was a fatality very early on and I believe there was a fairly subdued air at the grandstand as people waited for news. But despite this Captain Calamity is wandering around the paddock sucking up to celebrity race team owners and uploading it to social media.

I was up there after yesterday's incident and before the announcement.  TBH I didn't notice a subdued air, the chatter was more about whether racing would resume. 

Re RC - I think what is more likely is that officials were too busy trying establish what had happened and getting on with what they had to do before making an announcement to go running to an MHK. 

People seem to think that because he has political responsibility for motor sport that he is running it with a tight hand on the pulse.  Not sure that is true.