Rob Callister

La Colombe

56 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The real question is whether there will be backing to make the substantial changes that are needed from Cannan and the Chief Secretary.  These will include reversing the privatisation and outsourcing that the DoI has suffered from - simply because they haven't worked and in the current employment climate are likely to make things even worse.  This may go against Cannan's ideology, but practicality should be the important thing. 

They then need to make sure they get the right people, after  having made sure that the structures are trimmed back so they suit running a set of small operations rather than inflating the egos and salaries of those at the top.  At least they have realised what a mess HR and its associated functions are, but I'm not sure that Alf's re-education campaign will be all that is needed.

Alf has already said Government are involved in too many things so more privatization & arms length.

Gaiety, villa , swimming pools , buses, ports,post offices, the list is endless 

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I suspect were going to see more privatisation and outsourcing rather than less. It's a quick easy way to shift the problem functions off the govt books to the private sector. As you say it will just cause bigger problems further down the line but those driven by a right wing ideology seldom look further than the 5 year political cycle.

Who is going to be queuing up to take loss making services into private hands? As an investor you simply wouldn’t make the investment. Especially as all it will take is a change of government in 5 years and you’re potentially back to government taking the business back off you again. The IOM has gone completely down the rabbit hole when it comes to privatization - there’s nothing you’d want to run unless you had a 100% guarantee from Treasury that they’d bail you out if nothing improved. 

22 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Ah the old Lycra connection again 

Ah yes roadies. The little leg-shaving femboys. 

"I'll rub your chamois cream in if you rub mine in" 🥰

Absolute corporate-climbing tosspots.