Rob Callister

La Colombe

48 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Would you be good enough to show me the data on that.  I thought the figures only went up to 2021.

They are only done annually

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/departments/environment-food-and-agriculture/environment-directorate/environmental-protection-unit/bathing-water-quality/2021-additional-bathing-water-monitoring/

23 hours ago, Holte End said:

I’m glad you posted the link to the audio. I had to listen to it the first time round and it made me puke. So the man who either asks no questions at all or some of the stupidest questions ever put before the Court of Tynwald thinks that it’s other people who ask all the stupid irrelevant questions. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

"Sampling will be undertaken from 1 May to 18 September."

6 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

In the Garff and Peel sewerage debate the political genius that is Rob Callister managed to vote for an amendment he was supposed to vote against.

I’d forgotten about this - he is absolutely fucking useless @Rob Callister- you are invisible, transparent in policy and a laughing stock - send me a letter but ask how much first - not getting a big job everyone but you knows 👊🏻

• Haha 1

Does anybody know if there was a climate change impact assessment on the two new treatment plants? As sewage treatment plants are responsible for an estimated 3% of greenhouse gas emissions globally.    I really throught Mrs Caine would have known that pumping the sewage to Meary Veg is the best solution to cut the islands carbon dioxide ,methane and nitrous oxide emissions ,  as new technologies to treat waste are introduced to reduce green house gases being released into the atomphere having multi treatment plants will cost more in the future. £42million to reduce greenhouse gases, £40 million to increase them.

Edited by Holte End

It’s because he is the BIG CHEESE. 

Two things out of that Facebook post, firstly Rob Callister said the debate lasted 2 hours. For over £16 million be reeuested I would have expected the debate to be longer and more forensic. It seems none of our MHKs are interested in financial management. I feel for the area having the works done, chaos and decimated businesses, which is part of the course. 

Secondly, why does Rob Callister have to take to Facebook and IOMNP to make his announcements, pronouncements and observations? Or is that where his political base hang out? 

36 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

So Walter Mitty has now been elevated to Walter Shitty the man who spent millions cleaning the turds of our beaches. But why does he see fit to constantly attack Daphne Caine though for making some very valid points? 

5461AFD1-4C34-425E-9371-E4DF19051E46.jpeg

Rob, does the approval of funding allow for the increase in population to 100K as outlined in the CMs strategy for growth? Or are these new residents not expected to wee & poo?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Holte End said:

Does anybody know if there was a climate change impact assessment on the two new treatment plants? As sewage treatment plants are responsible for an estimated 3% of greenhouse gas emissions globally.    I really throught Mrs Caine would have known that pumping the sewage to Meary Veg is the best solution to cut the islands carbon dioxide ,methane and nitrous oxide emissions ,  as new technologies to treat waste are introduced to reduce green house gases being released into the atomphere having multi treatment plants will cost more in the future. £42million to reduce greenhouse gases, £40 million to increase them.

I'm afraid your arguement is flawed.

Firstly pumping it all to Meary Veg would require an enormous amount of electricity. Think about it, up and over at least 4 big hills. Madness. 

Secondly, the regional sewage works are biological filters that require very little power input. The Laxey sewage works would have been by far the best environmental option. No pumping at all. Good to see Daphers putting her own popularity above the best option for the environment.

Why on earth do you think Meary Veg is a good option. There is no way that it will be replaced in the next 20years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Rob, does the approval of funding allow for the increase in population to 100K as outlined in the CMs strategy for growth? Or are these new residents not expected to wee & poo?

The sewerage system will have to be good to accommodate Rob Callisters late evening dump after he eats his cheese on toast.

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Secondly, why does Rob Callister have to take to Facebook and IOMNP to make his announcements, pronouncements and observations? Or is that where his political base hang out? 

Facebook and IOM N&P seems to be his domain. Quite why as nobody reads IOMN&P and most of its admins seem to be insane despots who seek to want to crawl up the backsides of only certain MHKs and abuse all others. Most of the real political debate seems to be on Twitter these days where someone with the debating capacity of Callister would be eaten for breakfast in 15 seconds flat and have 100 blocked accounts as he seems to be incapable of interacting with real people rather than needy Facebook Karen’s who want dog poo picked up and their bins emptied.

Edited by Wavey Davey
  • Like 1