Rob Callister

La Colombe

17 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Me too and the new brush approach, particularly on the back of some his edicts while in Treasury must have impressed others too. Dealing with Greenhow too. But the momentum seems to have been blunted somewhat.

I'm hoping it just feels that way because of the recess, but I think not.

6 hours ago, NoTailT said:

But this comes back to my point.

There's this big hoohah historically in Gov about appointing first term MHKs as Minister, especially in the greater offices such as Health, Treasury and Enterprise.

But I don't see why this couldn't be an opportunity for an intelligent MHK like Christian to take post in Enterprise. I don't particularly like her, but it would make more sense than this potential shuffle and let Hooper hang himself further in Health for my moneys worth.

Maybe she has turned down this (and other) posts? 

Perhaps she feels she can do more for the GMP outside CoMin?

22 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Has there been any expansion as yet on the reasons for his departure other than being "unable to work within Govt" (or words to that effect)?

We never got a reason why Mr Callister left health in 2017 and no reason why he was only at DHA for about a week. I don't think transparency is big in Rob Callisters world. So he could be perfect in Health & Social Care.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Irrespective of anything, I had higher hopes for Alf, at the start.

I think a lot of people did. But actually he’s proving himself to be a terrible Chief Minister in the mold of our previous terrible Chief Minister. It’s the same thing as last time though. We’re about a year from the last election now and what normally happens is a massive flurry of hope and positive moves for about 6 to 9 months then by the one year point the CS have either managed to completely silence them or individual MHKs realize that the CS are just a bunch of self-absorbed crooked lazy incompetents who will not let any of the good things they want to do happen. Then they give up and go quiet as they’ve worked out that fuck all that’s of benefit to anyone is going to happen no matter how hard they try. 

As a prime example. Has Ann Corlett actually died? Has anyone actually heard one word from her since she got back in about anything? Douglas might have well voted in a sack of spuds. 

But after his sacking spree of months ago to get some liabilities off the books Cannan has gone very quiet indeed. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

I think a lot of people did. But actually he’s proving himself to be a terrible Chief Minister in the mold of our previous terrible Chief Minister. It’s the same thing as last time though. We’re about a year from the last election now and what normally happens is a massive flurry of hope and positive moves for about 6 to 9 months then by the one year point the CS have either managed to completely silence them or individual MHKs realize that the CS are just a bunch of self-absorbed crooked lazy incompetents who will not let any of the good things they want to do happen. Then they give up and go quiet as they’ve worked out that fuck all that’s of benefit to anyone is going to happen no matter how hard they try. 

As a prime example. Has Ann Corlett actually died? Has anyone actually heard one word from her since she got back in about anything? Douglas might have well voted in a sack of spuds. 

But after his sacking spree of months ago to get some liabilities off the books Cannan has gone very quiet indeed. 

Ann Corlett doesnt really exist. She is really a figment of someones imagination , probably Henderson , so he can cream off her salary as he's struggling these days on 65k . She really has done absolutely zero since she first got voted in. Asked about her awhile ago and was told she's working hard for her constituency. We have heard that before.     

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Asked about her awhile ago and was told she's working hard for her constituency. We have heard that before.     

That’s the stock answer people seem to get despite overwhelming evidence that she barely exists other than as some sort of central Douglas myth. 

Edited. I knew I’d seen a good assessment of her hiding skills before and I’ve just found it 

https://fearandloathing2021.wixsite.com/website/post/ann-whats-her-name-announced-in-douglas-central-and-we-all-missed-it

Edited by Newsdesk
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Holte End said:

We never got a reason why Mr Callister left health in 2017 and no reason why he was only at DHA for about a week. I don't think transparency is big in Rob Callisters world. So he could be perfect in Health & Social Care.

Didn't he quit because he wouldn't sign Kate Costain's letter to oust Malcolm Couch as the head of DHSC? He also sang the praises of the management of the DoI shortly after the election, which is probably why he didn't get that position as their subsequent clear out shows. Also in DFE he stood up for the destruction of the scoreboard even though they didn't have planning permission in place for a replacement. He seems to side with the civil servants even in the face of them making poor decisions. Lets hope he's learnt from his past if he has become a Minister. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Didn't he quit because he wouldn't sign Kate Costain's letter to oust Malcolm Couch as the head of DHSC?

So where has that been stated, surely Mrs Beecroft would have sacked him, that doesn't add up.  Also with the scoreboard, we had a police investigation over the  course map being stolen, I wonder why it was ok just to return it,  Mr Transparent Callister never explained what went on there.

I would prefer Mrs Corlett to be Minister of Health and Social Care. If you have to stand on a pedestral and tell everybody what your doing, you are normally not doing that much.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Holte End said:

So where has that been stated, surely Mrs Beecroft would have sacked him, that doesn't add up.  Also with the scoreboard, we had a police investigation over the  course map being stolen, I wonder why it was ok just to return it,  Mr Transparent Callister never explained what went on there.

I would prefer Mrs Corlett to be Minister of Health and Social Care. If you have to stand on a pedestral and tell everybody what your doing, you are normally not doing that much.

Weird, loopy sort of explanation in the infamous Cueball blog ... oops it is the man himself

https://www.robcallister.im/mhk-blog-6th-to-12th-may-2019/

• Thanks 1