Rob Callister

La Colombe

33 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

No backbone to stay and fight his corner, no wonder he has been in so many departments, if he resigns everytime he disagrees with the Miinister.

.https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-blasts-minister-on-prescription-vote/ 

"Mr Callister says he wasn't privy to recommendations made prior to leaving the department, and his vote to accept the majority concensus was confidential."  So Transparency is just a word.

Edited by Holte End
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

So where has that been stated, surely Mrs Beecroft would have sacked him, that doesn't add up.  Also with the scoreboard, we had a police investigation over the  course map being stolen, I wonder why it was ok just to return it,  Mr Transparent Callister never explained what went on there.

I would prefer Mrs Corlett to be Minister of Health and Social Care. If you have to stand on a pedestral and tell everybody what your doing, you are normally not doing that much.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/callister-quits-health-department/

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/letter-that-sparked-mhk-resignation-wont-be-released/

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He has still not stated the reason himself, he later states he disagreed with prescription charges, even though he voted for them, could this be why he resigned, speculation from the media even if right, isn't straight from the horses mouth, I prefer to hear it from the horses month. I believe it is called transpanency.

12 hours ago, Holte End said:

He has still not stated the reason himself, he later states he disagreed with prescription charges, even though he voted for them, could this be why he resigned, speculation from the media even if right, isn't straight from the horses mouth, I prefer to hear it from the horses month. I believe it is called transpanency.

Didn't he say something similar with the proposed car tax changes?  Approved at department level then when he was questioned about it proved that he hadn't actually read the changes.  They were then shelved for a later date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beyond Belief said:

Lying is done with words and also with silence {Adrienne Rich}

Not heard that one before. Sounds a bit like that along the lines of '...good men doing nothing etc'. 

Edited by Apple
typo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Holte End said:

I would prefer Mrs Corlett to be Minister of Health and Social Care. If you have to stand on a pedestral and tell everybody what your doing, you are normally not doing that much.

At least she couldn't fall off a pedestral !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

Didn't he say something similar with the proposed car tax changes?  Approved at department level then when he was questioned about it proved that he hadn't actually read the changes.  They were then shelved for a later date.

He also did that with a Bill. He failed to read the Order Paper and was using a completely different set of amendments to everyone else. Which he then tried to move. They had to shelve it for that week and bring it back at the next sitting. 

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

Didn't he say something similar with the proposed car tax changes?  Approved at department level then when he was questioned about it proved that he hadn't actually read the changes.  

But didn’t his blog when he was doing it go on and on about all the things he had to print off and read like he was reading thousands of words daily?