Rob Callister

La Colombe

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

Has Cannan lost the plot? 

I've said before, judging by current and recent past disasters I can see Callister ending up as chief minister We truly have entered a disaster area that began after the Gelling era.

This is all going to be an unmitigated disaster ending in 😭 tears

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Holte End said:

I don't think he will see it as this, It is really a demotion. After losing the high court case, he was lucky only to be demoted. It appears he can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.

Hooper was not to blame and he wasn't involved in the original shenanigans.

I think it is an attempt to distance all the court stuff using a line of Health Ministers. It's potentially de-stabilising.

Maybe once the Merry Go Round has done a full lap we'll have Ashie back?

246805777_WeddingCake02.thumb.jpg.59cbecf5d46eb1858973a5890cbf4763.jpg

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, AOR said:

Hooper was not to blame and he wasn't involved in the original shenanigans.

I think it is an attempt to distance all the court stuff using a line of Health Ministers. It's potentially de-stabilising.

246805777_WeddingCake02.thumb.jpg.59cbecf5d46eb1858973a5890cbf4763.jpg

Hooper was very much involved in current proceedings though, as is evidenced by his snide tweet suggesting the media are not reporting the full story!  Straight from the ashy playbook.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LawrieHooper/status/1563212903716913152

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Hooper was very much involved in current proceedings though, as is evidenced by his snide tweet suggesting the media are not reporting the full story!  Straight from the ashy playbook.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LawrieHooper/status/1563212903716913152

Yeah, fair enough. Perhaps he isn't expendable though, not yet. They need someone only too willing to be in the big boys' club and will play the Government role to the hilt. You know, a sort of fall guy.

I wonder if they could find a suitable candidate...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

I think he has now turned the corner to make a comeback in the next administration if he gets re-elected. Mrs christians stepping down could open doors for her joining health and social care later - she seem very keen to improve the lot for patients in mental health, which seems to be in dire need of the CQC process in my view.

As for Rob Callister, I wish him well, which he should do if he does not to rely too much on the "hard working" management team of Manx Care and actually listens seriously to all the staff / patients and public who not only have expressed their dismay about the CQC report but are experiencing the long painful waits for many whilst, I am told, MHKs should be looking st exactly how the extra £38 million will be paid and to whom?

Anyone got an up to date diagram of the management with names, teams and roles in Manx Care now as some staff are asking as they do not really know who is where etc.

11 hours ago, Roxanne said:

As Wrighty says, his appointment will make no difference to the Health Service. What it will do however is to make him an even more insufferable bore than he was to begin with.

It’s yet more proof that Alf Cannan has lost the plot though. I hear there is already a lottery being run on how long he manages to hold this post down. The man is basically an idiot. It hardly gives you any confidence in Cannans judgement as CM to appoint someone who is clearly totally incompetent in almost all aspects of the way he works and interacts with the public. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3